King!Link x Knight!Reader

requested by runningpooper

G/n reader

꧁--☾︎☁︎☽︎--꧂

The frequent monster ambushes across Hyrule preannouncing the return of the Calamity, were making living in the prosperous land incredibly unnerving, and the King knew it too well.

Massive amount of work was to be done, decisions to be taken, and things that should be left for another time, like Link's secret lover, a knight of the hyrulean army, precisely, of his personal escort.

King Link noticed the worrior of his same age after they proved to be the most skilled knight in all the army, gaining a place close to him at all times, but it wasn't the first time they had ever met.

The young prince often snuk out to avoid the boring duty that was his only companion, often dressed in ragged clothing to blend in and find something new about the vast lands he was to soon reign over.

It was during one of these dangerous strolls that the two first met.

A dark hally, a bunch of low lives, and a brave 17 year old in front of him, a dagger in their shaking hand, and an astonishing precision in the art of fleeing.

Link still remembered that gesture, the run being dragged on the tiled roofs of castle town houses, and one last fall on a pile of hay in a cart.

from then, when the reckless prince avoided his duty, it became common for the two to keep an eye out for each other.

Link had learned the wish of the young Y/n to becone a knight, in order to gain enough money to help their poor family, and their passion will struk the prince in his little heart.

They both wished for adventure, and maybe a normal life, where they could live together, and not be scared of the consequences of their love.

Toughts like these had been circling Link's mind as him, his escort, and the champions made their way in Korok's Forest, in search of the Sword that Selaed all Evil.

There still was no sign of the Knight who could seal the darkness, and the only way to protect the kingdom was by at least finding one of the two needed pieces to seal Calamity Ganon, as Link's powers hadn't yet awakend.

a fight broke out as they were searching for the Master Sword, waves of monsters made of Ganon's malice threatened the whole group.

"The fog gave them advantage" Urbosa spoke, drawing out her scimitar.

All the champions and the small group of Hylian soliders prepared to protect the King, as the fog kept getting thicker and thicker.

"Y/n! Take the King and run down that path! It looks clear" Urbosa spoke again, knowing that they couldn't protect him where he was.

Y/n nodded and grabbed Link's hand, dragging him away from the epicenter of the ambush, their sword in hand and shield on their back.

sometimes they had to slay some bokoblins, but the path was relativley safe.

suddently, they came across a wooden arch, a soft light coming from the end of it.
They gazed at each other, a glint of hope in their eyes as they realized what might have awaited at the end of the tunnel.

Y/n carefully led the way, taking their shield out in case of any emergency.

and there it was.

The soft light from the rays of the sun that filtred thru the leaves of the now alive and huge trees made the Sword look even more powerful than it probably was.