Purah x Reckless! Reader

Requested by MaryDarkheart
they/them reader

"You sure you're gonna be ok sweetheart?" Purah asked her partner, a bit of worry in her usually jolly voice.

Y/n stopped the preparations they were making to go fetch Sheika relics from a Guardian cemitery to look over at Purah, and after walking towards her and placing a kiss on her forhead, they smiled.

"you know i've been through more dangerous stuff than this, after all i'm just gonna gather some objects, i'm not gonna get into any truble-" Purah interrupted them, "You always say that, and guess who always comes back hurt?" She laughed, altough Y/n could feel the serious worry in her tone.

"just- be careful, please. your little stunts aren't always gonna work out, sweety" Purah talked again, and Y/n nooded knowingly, and caressed the scientist on her head, whom closed her eyes and made a sad smile.

Afer giving Purah yet another kiss on her white hair, Y/n was out the door, waking along the path to Hateno, and down to fort Hateno, either slaying or sneaking past the few Moblins and Bokoblins of various colors.

Finally, after a while of walking, stopping from time to time to catch a breath and to admire the view and the clouds floating about in the sky, Y/n reached Fort Hateno, their gaze meeting the many decayed Guardians scattered around the medow, and in the distance they could see the faint lights and smoke coming from the Dueling Peaks Stable.

They sighed heavily, taking their backpack off and placing it on the emerald green grass beneath, looking around to decide from which guardian to scavange parts from first.

A seemingly intact Guardian stood just meters away, it's legs and lower body hidden partially beneath the dirt, moss growing all around it, much like all the others, but it seemed in better conditions whatsoever.

Y/n was quick to get to it, holding a piece of paper with the quantity and the materials needed by their egocentrical scientist girlfriend, bringing their bag along, which was filled with tools like pliers and so on.

They begun to scavange for parts, the afternoon sun beating on their back and sometimes hidden by the pure white clouds in the sky.

Y/n's gloves were soon filled with dirt and grease from the bolts, springs and screws they had retrieved from the guardian, and so was their forhead when they mistakenly wiped sweat off of it with their dirty hands.

As they begun placing the materials back in their backpack, their stomach growling in anticipaion for the packed louch Purah had lovingly prepared for them, the unmistakable sound of a Guardian waking up could be heard just meters away, and Y/n found themselves freezed in fear.

"oh no" they whispered, as the reognizable red lazer begun pointing at them, aiming straight for their head.

in a matter of seconds, Y/n was out of the way, the powerful blast of the robotic monster barely missing them.

They run back to their equipment, pulling out their wooden shield as the guadian wouldn't back down from tryung to smite them down.

another blast was fired, sending Y/n's shield in smithereens and pushing back the scientist, who hit their back on a boulder, the air getting knocked out of their lungs on impact.

As they gasped for hair, unable to move, small tears in their eyes, the guardian's red laser pointed on their forhead, and Y/n closed their eyes in despair, knowing that thier fate was sealed.

But the blast never came.

Y/n fluttered their eyes open, and the unmistakable cream-colored coat of their girlfriend was obscuring their view.

"P-Purah?" they managed to blurt out, as an explosion could be heard exacty where the guardian once stood.

The standing scientist turned around frantically, running to her hurt partner.

"Y/N!" she screamed out, her hands placed on her partner's cheecks as she checked for any life-threatening injuries.

"ARE YOU OK??" She asked in fear, as Y/n wouln't answer, and just stare up at her.

"how-how did you know i was in danger, sweetheart...?"they managed to ask, their brething soon becoming normal and steady.

Purah sighed of relief as Y/n spoke, clearly aware and sane, "your knuklehead forgot your luch, dear" she sighed in annoyance and giggled, holding the paper package in her hand and dangling it in front of Y/n, who widened their eyes and nervously laughed.

"well, if i didn't i'd be dead so..." they smiled, looking Purah in her eyes, as she made a dramatic  heartbroken face, gasping.

"THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE- NOR SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT EITHER!!" Purah yelled, angry and worried at the same time, then she sighed.

"not even a life threatening situation can make you serious can it?" she laughed, begginning to pull her laughing partner on their feet.

"lets get your dumb-ass home" she laughed along with Y/n,grabbing all their stuff and beginning the jurney back home.

Hi this is short and shitty i hope you don't mind, also, really fucking sorry if i'm taking a long time, i'm having truble finding inspiration to write.
untill next oneshot ^^