Chapter 13: Journey To Feldcroft

Victoria

"You aren't funny" I said trying to stifle my laughter as Benji walked through the halls with me, casting revelio every five seconds.

"If you do it why can't I?" He asked as we entered the massive stairwell outside of the portrait of the fat lady.

I had run into him on my way back to my common room. His other red robed friends no where in sight. Seemed like a perfect time for a short chat.

"Also revelio is fun cause it lets me see that hickey you're so bad at hiding" he said pointing to my neckline.

I felt my face flush as I covered the spot he'd pointed to. My house scarf not doing the job well "I-I don't..." I said starting to look around for a mirror, the countless frames filled with paintings being of no use to me.

"Are you not supposed to have one?" He chuckled as he leaned against the wall near us. I squinted at him moving my arm to fall back to my side trying my best to believe he was joking.

The mark Sebastian left was slight. Barely noticeable unless you knew what to look for. Every time I saw it I just remembered how dare we'd had under the starlight.

"You know you remind me a lot of someone I used to know Amante." He mumbled staring at me for a second. "He had- They had a similar personality to you"

"An old friend I hope." I said deciding to lean against the wall next to him. This corridor not offering much in the way of seating.

"An Ex, but yes still an old friend. Hey!" He said placing a hand on the crown of my head. "Did you know that your last name is Portugués" He asked looking down at me.

"Of course, it's also Spanish" I said and he smiled. "So what does it mean?" He asked.

At his question I just stared at him. Wondering if a single thought was behind his eyes.

"Benji, how do you know it's Portugués yet not know what it means." He shrugged. "I also now know it's Spanish"

"Wow I wonder how you figured that one out" I said rolling my eyes at the redhead.

Today was Friday. All classes were starting to conclude which meant today was also the day that students were heading out for fall break. And the day that Ominis, Sebastian, and I headed to Feldcroft.

I was extremely nervous. Meeting Sebastian's family felt like a massive step forward in our friendship. And meeting Anne felt like something that could define it as a whole.

What If she didn't like me? Would Sebastian just forget I exist? Would Ominis? They were also old friends. What if both of them just dropped me all because of Anne's distaste for me?

"I thought I heard you!" The familiar voice spoke. I looked up to see Sebastian already in his deep brown traveling clothes. A small satchel wrapped around him.

"You're not ready yet?" He frowned at me as he stood in front of me as I was still in full uniform. "I won't take long" I said pulling myself away from the wall.

"Sebastian do you speak Spanish" Benji asked as I began pulling Sebastian away from the Gryffindors hallway. "Bye Benji" I called behind me trying to cut off Sebastian's words.

"What? No, why?" He asked. "Ignore him" I quickly replied. Not wanting to hear anymore about my name.

Sebastian thankfully obliged as we headed towards my common room. Ominis was there dressed similarly to Sebastian clearly prepared for the journey "Is she really not ready yet?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Both of you are so annoying. Classes only ended an hour ago" I said going to tap on the barrels against the wall. As the large one opened up they followed me inside, their dark hues standing out against the bright room.