Chapter 68: Reunited To Be Pulled Apart

Sebastian

Her freedom is gone. Any chance for her to get out of that hell, any chance for her to escape with Ominis to live a semi normal life.

It's all gone.

She gave it all up to save me. A large part of me is so moved at her sacrifice. So moved that she'd been not only willing, but actually did it, even as I'd tried to stop her.

But I can't even be grateful now. I can't use what she gave me. Because yet again the chance at curing my sister was stolen away.

Because of fucking Solomon.

I'd never understood when stories spoke about being so filled with rage that you saw red. Or at least I'd never understood it until now.

As I stared across the room at Solomon, he had the absolute audacity to glare back at me, as if I was in the wrong for holding the relic in the first place.

"Do you have any idea what you've just done?!" I shouted, the sound of the rage in my voice even scaring me a bit.

From behind me I could hear Val turn his attention back to the inferi. With the new absence of the relic they were simply fighting whatever and whoever they could.

"Kept you from going too far, again! When will you learn Sebastian? This needs to stop!" He shouted right back.

"Why are you so content with letting her suffer?! You're meant to be our Guardian!" I shouted as I directed my wand at him, words unnecessary as I cast confringo.

He stumbled backwards before quickly catching his balance. His eyes were wide with shock that I'd cast at him but that wasn't going to stop me from doing it again.

"She cant be healed! She and I have both accepted it. You're the only one continuing on this futile trek and-" "If you'd stop destroying every inch of progress I make it wouldn't have been futile! This was the answer and yet again you've ruined everything!"

"Seb watch out!" Althea cried out from behind me.

I shifted to the side right in time to avoid being thrashed by the animated corpse. My anger only amplifying.

This is his fault. Every moment that we stand here in danger. Every moment that Anne is suffering is because of him.

My thoughts took a nosedive into the deepest parts of my brain. Every memory of Solomons cruelty running through on repeat.

Thrown out potions, burned up books and ailments, getting kicked out repeatedly and held at an arms length from my twin.

"This is your fault!" Solomon shouted, my eyes peering up to realize he wasn't even looking at me.

I followed his gaze to Althea who was still knelt on the ground. Her hand on her temple and her wand directed at the inferi as her own twin worked to keep the corpses away.

I felt a strange level of fear sear through me as I saw her eyes flickering back to the old familiar shade of brown.

The twins knew how to fight together. Val using their aptitude for transfiguration to turn the Inferi into explosive barrels which Althea would use her ancient magic to throw to launch it towards their attackers.

Althea's eyes shifted towards us, the color settling on that poor shade of brown as she looked at Solomon.

"I-" "Don't even try! Sebastian has been far worse ever since you walked into his life! I looked into you, you little bitch! I know all about who your uncle is, who your father is!