Chapter 69: The Union Of Herondale And Gaunt

A/N
So we're all going to collectively act like I didn't forget to name Ominis' parents until now.

Okay?

Okay.

Edwin

Twenty Years Ago

"Don't you think this is a bit... too far?" I asked as I looked over the woman that sat across from me.

She was severely pregnant, probably between seven and eight months. I only can guess because I know my wife is currently six months pregnant with twins and she's around the same size.

"We are carrying out the legacy passed down to us. I'd have thought you'd understand that Edwin." The blonde man barked.

Montel and Marjorie Gaunt. The couple that had been driving me absolutely mad since I'd first taken the helm of Herondale house.

Apparently despite our many interactions they still had not learned what kind of man I am.

"Mr. And Mrs. Gaunt. I do understand, but to curse a child, before they're even born... just for the a chance at carrying out a task given to you by an ancestor who was-" "Say one negative thing about my ancestry and I will end you where you stand Herondale." He threatened.

I inhaled through my nose, trying to calm down and think about this rationally.

I'm no saint. I've hurt people before, cursed and even killed many. But this felt like it was too dark even for me.

My mind couldn't help but imagine something happening to the babies that were in my own wife's belly. The entire prospect making my skin crawl.

"You owe me Herondale. You know that. This would barely begin to pay off your debt to my family. Or would you prefer it transfer down to our children as well?" Montel asked with a sneer.

I bit back a snide remark as I stared over at the photos on my desk of my two older children. The idea of passing on anything besides unrelenting power was unthinkable.

I wouldn't allow it to happen.

"Alright. I'll do it. But only to dwindle my debt to you. I don't agree with you having me do this." I said.

"And last I checked, I don't care." Montel replied.

~~~~~

Ten Years Ago

The screams of my youngest girls pierced my ears as they echoed through the long halls, pulling my wife and I both from our sleeping states.

It took no time for me to be up and in the hallway, pulling on a robe as I sprinted my way towards the noise.

I finally made it to the end of the hallway, spotting Nathan on the floor outside of the doorway as he comforted one of my youngest girls.

She was crying hysterically as he brushed her hair back, mumbling something about it just being time.

I pushed my way inside the room as another scream erupted from behind their bedroom door, Veronica whining as a new wave of sobs took over her.

Nimue had her wand drawn, my youngest daughter crouched in front of her as she cried. "Please stop it. Please stop it." She whimpered.

"She's going to hurt her."

"Nimue! What do you think you're doing?!" I shouted as I closed the distance between us, ripping the wand from the ten year olds grasp.