Chapter 21: Potion Ingredients

Sebastian

In the early morning hours of the day, Victoria folded her arms over her chest as I reviewed my findings for the week.

"They'll be dark magic involved in this" She said glancing up at me.

"Of course. But if need be I'll handle it you have no need to touch it" I said plainly.

I needed her to agree to this trip. The idea of going alone was terrifying but I would definitely do it if I needed. Anything to help Anne.

"Ominis won't be happy about this" she said beginning to pace the small space around her.

"To be quite honest. I don't think we should tell him. He didn't handle the scriptorium well and we don't need a Gaunt this time around" I said waiting to hear her words of retaliation.

She leaned against the desk that I had placed the spellbook on, opening the cover gently.

"I agree" she said looking over the book that lay in the undercroft. She stood in front of me clearly just as enthralled with the text as I had been for the last two weeks.

I couldn't help but smile at her words. I had been worried about this interaction for no reason.

"I don't think we should tell him, he won't take it well, and It's best for him if we keep this to ourselves" she said rereading the passage about the catacomb.

"I'll decide what's best for me." Ominis said as he entered the room the anger plastered on his face almost scary.

Victoria closed the book, the thud echoing in the space. She took a step back clearly thrown off by his easedropping.

"Oh Ominis, we were just heading out to get some air" I said gesturing to Victoria that now would definitely be the best time to leave.

"You're a liar Sebastian! I heard everything, and you can't do this. You swore stop with dark magic after the scriptorium!" He said and I frowned at his words crossing my hands over my chest.

"No I didn't, I said I understood you wanting that, I would never give up on a way to save Anne" I said.

His head turned slightly as he began to address Victoria. "How could you possibly agree with him doing this? I thought you were on my side when it came to dark magic"

"I am Ominis, but this is a really good lead, we won't-" "You're on his side?" I asked now growing a bit aggravated.

"There aren't any sides! You both want to help Anne!" She said almost pleading as she held the book close to herself.

Ominis spoke up. "He doesn't know when to stop though. At this rate he will get himself killed or lose himself entirely in his search"

"Neither of you understand what is happening! You don't have a twin. They're literally your other half! They-" I cut off my words as Victoria turned away silently beginning to leave the space.

Ominis reached out for her as she did, his hand catching her arm. She paused at his touch. "Send me an owl when you're ready Sebastian but I won't listen to the two of you talk like this any longer." She said softly.

"Victoria no" Ominis said grasping her arm tighter as she moved to leave again.

"Let her go Ominis" I said phrasing it as a command. I wouldn't let him keep her prisoner here if she didn't wish to speak with us.

He released her arm silently understanding my tone. She walked to the door and shifted it open before leaving Ominis and I alone. Taking the spellbook with her.