Chapter 48: A Snakes Rage

Sebastian

"Boy!" I heard Solomon's voice from behind me. I ignored him as I rushed to Anne's side. Her eyes unmoving from the mangled corpse in front of her.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I attempted to reach out for her. Her eyes turned to meet mine, the horror not shifting at all as she seemed to realize what I had just done.

Don't look at me like that. Please don't. I had to save you. I had to do that.

Solomon spoke again "What have you done?" He asked as he gripped my shoulder forcing me to face him turn to face him.

"Saved. My. Sister." I said enunciating each word to make it perfectly clear that I held no regret for my use of the curse.

"With an Unforgivable! Probably taught to you by that blasted dark witch!" He said his eyes landing on Victoria who was currently being held back by Ominis.

Ominis looked conflicted as he listened to our discourse. Clearly not approving of the use of dark magic. But not wanting to risk another fight with Victoria as she glared at my uncle.

"Anne is safe now because of what I did. Because of what she did. Would you rather Anne dead? Rather I have stood aside while that disgusting thing slaughtered her?" I asked letting my voice and anger rise at my uncle.

"Both of you. Leave. I don't want to see either of you in or around Feldcroft again! This family does not resort to dark magic! If I hear a singular whisper of any of you using anything of the sort again I will not hesitate to contact the head master!" He said before helping Anne to her feet.

She wouldn't even look at me. Her eyes focusing on anything and everything else. I thought she'd understand. I would give anything to save her.

No not would. Will.

I will give anything to save her this changes nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He can't banish me from my sister. My own twin. He has no right.

They walked towards the cottage. The gardens outside seeming to wilt due to the negativity that we had now brought here.

"You could have-" "Ominis don't you dare" I said keeping my eyes on the cottage as I saw their figures stir through the windows.

Ominis didn't seem to get the picture as he tried again. "I'm just saying that-" "Shut up Gaunt." Victoria interrupted as she finally wriggled herself out of his grasp and moved to stand by me.

Ominis let out a heavy sigh before beginning to walk towards the cottage slowly. "I'll go get our things. He will at least let me do that" Ominis said as Victoria glared at him. She was clearly not too keen on being belittled for using dark magic again.

As he disappeared inside I let myself turn to look at her. The blood from earlier having been wiped on the fabric of her clothes creating awful stains on the beautiful dress.

"We won because we used those spells. They're only safe because of what we did" I said looking back at her.

Her eyes still hadn't faded to their proper shade of brown as she stared forward at the cottage. Silently waiting for her things to be retrieved from inside.

She looked like she did in all the memories she'd shown me. Focused and unwavering. Part of me half expected to see her father at her side. Guiding her in her anger towards her boyfriend.

"Victoria, Are you okay?" I asked as I turned to her grasping at her arm. She stiffened at the touch shifting her glare to me as she pulled herself away.