Chapter 37: A Win Is A Win

Sebastian

"What the fuck was that?" Micheal said as we entered the players quarters and began to strip off our gear.

"We won Mayfield. That's all you should be concerned about" I said as I pulled the robes from my back.

"No, what the fuck was that Sallow? I could have gotten that little bitch if you hadn't gotten in the way. You knew the plan!" He said moving to get in my face.

"Just leave it. Again we won. And she's down anyway. Why are you so worked up about this?" I asked trying my best to hide my emotions behind my words.

"Probably ecause you went against your team in front of the whole school, Captain" Imelda said emphasizing the last word to belittle me further.

"I can't listen to this. I'm leaving" I said pulling myself out of the room as I still heard my team grumbling the odd voice trying to get them into higher spirits.

I saw the students one by one making their way to the school everyone staring at me as I passed and whispering to each other.

I couldn't bother to pay attention to their words pulling myself towards the school and making my way to the medical wing.

When I finally made it there I noticed a rather full crowd surrounding two cots.

One was the five members of the Hufflepuff team near the front comforting Poppy as was sitting on the edge of her own cot clearly upset.

The other was in the far back corner. The crowd was all professors with what I could only assume was Victoria since I couldn't see her anywhere else.

I made my way to the back cot hoping to at least see if she'd woken up.

I was able to peek past them before being noticed. Fig was at her side clutching her sleeping hand tightly in his own.

"Mr. Sallow you shouldn't be here." Professor Garlick said as she and Professor Onai turned to acknowledge my presence.

"I just wanted to see how she was doing" I said trying to peek past them again.

Professor Weasley responded "She will be fine. But for now you have to leave Mr. Sallow" she said.

"Please can't I just-" "Not now." Professor Weasley said in a firm tone.

I sighed as I realized this would be an unchanging decision and nodded before walking out of the hallway to take my leave.

The red blinking and audible sprint announced Ominis' presence as he attempted to sprint past me I grabbed him instantly.

"They won't let you near her Ominis. She's not even awake." I said as I noticed his immensely panicked expression.

"How did she look? Is she going to be okay? Do they think she'll be awake soon?" He asked clearly debating pushing past me anyway. "Wait why are you here?" He asked as if just now realizing who he was talking to.

"She's just asleep. The Professors are with her." I said trying to think of any way to defend my presence in front of the wing.

Should I be here? Even if she was awake she wouldn't have wanted to see me. She made it clear with her side eyes she would constantly give me as I so much entered earshot of her.

But there was no need to worry as Ominis, without warning, wrapped me in a tight hug.

"I heard you defended her out there. Even though it could have cost you the game." He said and I felt my throat tighten at the praise.

"There was no risk of Hufflepuff winning at that point. Also, she got hurt anyway so it doesn't matter what I did." I said hugging my friend back, the tight embrace being something I'd needed for a while.