3| Your Back

Y/n POV

"It's late. They should've been back by now" Amy says as she was pacing back and forth,

"Well, maybe they found some extra cool stuff and it's taking them a while" I said with a smile.

"Not right now Y/n" She said sharply. I looked down. I felt Lori put her hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and smiled.

"It's not your fault" she said quietly.

"Worrying won't make it better" Dale said as he continued to work on the car.

After a while everyone went back to there own thing. I know Amy was worrying but at the same time, why was she being rude? No that's mean to say. I shouldn't talk bad about others. She has a lot going on.

All of the sudden the walkie talkie went off and it brought me out of my thoughts. "Can anybody hear me?" The voice said. It was to hard to tell who it was.

I quickly walked over where the rest of the group was huddled around. "Base camp, this is T-Dog. Can you hear me?" The voice said. I jumped on and down. Yes. I knew nothing bad happened.

Dale picked up the walkie talkie: "Hello? Hello? Receptions bad on this end. Repeat. Repeat." Dale said into the walkie.

"Is that them?" Lori asked. And more static came out. "We're in deep shit. We're trapped in the department store" T-Dog said through all of the static.

"He say there trapped?" Shane asked, to make sure he heard correctly.

"There are geeks all over the place. Hundreds of em. We're surrounded" T- Dog said. My heart started to beat a little faster.

"T-Dog, repeat that last. Repeat" Dale said into the walkie.

There was more static and the radio stoped. I knew I shouldn't worry. That's my grandma told me. 'It's better not to worry'.

"He said the department store" Lori said from right next to me.

"I heard it too" Dale said as he looks a bit worried.

"Shane?" Lori asks as she looks at him, telling me to help.

"No way. We do not go after them. We do not risk the rest of the group. Y'all know that" Shane avoids Lori's wondering eyes.

"So we're just gonna leave her there?" Amy asked as she shot daggers into Shane.

"Look, Amy, I know that this is not easy-" Shane said calmly before he was cut off.

"She volunteered to go. To help the rest of us" Amy argued back.

"I know and she knew the risks right? See if she's trapped, she's gone. So we just have to deal with that. There's nothing we can do." Shane told me. What? No offense to Shane but what is he thinking? My brother could be trapped too.

"She's my sister, you son of a bitch" she spat in his face. I shuddered at the bad words. It reminded me of Dad. I never liked to use them and never did. She then quickly hurried off.

Oh boy. I walked over to Daryl's back and sat under it. Thunder roared. I hope Daryl is okay. I also hope he got something. Eating berries is great but not the best. But hey, I'm not going to sit here and complain it's better then nothing.

...
I've almost drifted to sleep, when I was awaken by a car horn. I quickly say up. I saw a red car speeding down right to us.

I looked up and everyone was around looking. The car took a sharp turn and pulled right up to us. My heart started to beat fast.

Everyone walked up to the car. Glenn popped out of the car. I ran up to him and hugged him. "I'm so glad your okay. I knew you were gonna be okay" I said into the hug. He laughed softly.

"Holy crap turn that damn thing off!" Dale shouted. I quickly pulled away.

"I don't know how" he said as he shrugged his shoulders. I smiled.

"Pop the hood please. Pop the damn hood" Shane yelled, it made me jump from beside Glenn. Glenn hurried over to the car and popped the hood. Shane quickly turned it off.

"My sister Andrea, is she okay? Is she all right?" Amy screamed, trying to get Glenn's attention.

"She is okay!" Glenn yell back at her. "Is she coming back?" Amy asked. "Yes!" He told her. "Why isn't she with you?" Amy asked him.

I wanted to ask him about Merle but he just got back and I didn't want to bombard him with a whole bunch of questions when he just got back. I thought it was rather rude.

"Yes everybody is fine. Merle umm not so much" he said quietly. I quickly looked up.

"What?" I asked him. My voice barely above a whisper.

"Are you crazy? Driving this wailing bastard up here? You tryna to draw every walked for miles?" Shane asked.

"I think we're okay" Dale said to Shane. I was biting my nails. Maybe he just got hurt. Merle's crazy, nothing could kill him.

"You call being stupid okay?" Shane asked Dale. Glenn but his head down.

"Well the alarm was echoing all over these hills" Dale said in Glenn's offense. "Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing just saying. It wouldn't hurt you to think things through, a little more carefully next time wouldn't it?" Dale said looking at Glenn.

"Sorry. Got a cool car" Glenn said. I looked up at him. "Merle?" I said quietly.

He gave me sad eyes. I didn't want to break down so I but my tongue. He quickly moved and gave me a hug. It's okay it's okay. I told myself trying to keep calm. When a truck approaches. I pulled out of the hug to see what was going on.

It was one of those trucks that you take food in. Like transfer it. Everyone turned around to see what was going on. Glenn didn't let go of me, it felt nice to be comforted.