36| Missing

Y/n POV

"Rick it's all my fault" I told him as we were walking back to the highway. We searched for a good 30 minutes. We didn't go to far because we were afraid we won't make it back ourselves or just run into the herd.

"No it's not Y/n. You tried to your best. And let's just hope she made it to the highway" he said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I should of stayed with you" I said as he wiped the tears coming from my face. He stopped and stepped in front of me.

"Look, if you stayed with Sophia, I could of died. You made the right choice following after me" he said as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I just hope she made it to the highway" I told him. I wiped my noise and we started to walk again.

We made it into the clearing. We climbed up the steep hill. I was out of breath and the hot sun was beating down on me.

I wiped sweat off my forehead. We got into the highway and we saw our group. I put my head down. I heard Carol sob. I felt Rick but his arm around my shoulders.

"You okay?" I heard and I felt someone out there hands around me. I looked up at Glenn and I held him tighter. I nodded.

...

"Okay, I'll take Daryl, Glenn and Shane. We will go down the path trying to find her. y/n Stay here and look at T-Dogs arm" Rick said. I nodded. I felt Glenn place a kiss on my cheek and headed with the boys.

"Carol, can we talk?" I asked her. She nodded slightly and I led her to a car. Without saying anything she hugged me.

"Don't say anything. I know you tried and I saw what you did it is not your fault" Carol told me as he wrapped her arms around me. I smiled slightly.

"I tried so hard" I told her as I let the tears fall down my face.

"They are going to find her" She told her as she let go. I nodded. I was glad that she didn't blame me. But now, I have to help T-Dog.

"Hey, so what happened?" I asked him as I walked over to him. He was sitting on a truck bed with a bandage on his arm.

"Sliced my arm on a car" he told me as he held on to it in pain.

"How bandaged you?" I asked as I grabbed his hand and un did it.

"Glenn. He also told me. Congratulations" he said with a smile.

"Oh lord" I mumbled. I knew Glenn wasn't going to last long. But I'm glad he didn't spill to Daryl. "I was trying not to tell anyone" I said as I looked at the cut.

"Figured. Anyways, was it planned?" He asked me. I laughed a bit.

"Definitely not. But it looks like your arm isn't to bad cut. So your going to live. But we need to find some meds before it gets infected" I told him as I wrapped his arm back up.

"Well, there has to be some in these cars" he told me as he hopped down. I nodded to him.

I watched as Dale and Andrea took cars off the highway so we had room for the Rv to go through.

Shane and Glenn came back as soon as Andrea moved a car. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Anything?" I asked him. He shook his head no. I looked down.

"We will find her" Glenn told me as he kissed my head.

"Tell Carol that. But don't tell Carol about the baby like you did T-Dog" I told him as we walked to the Rv.

"Baby?" Dale asked. We both stopped in our tracks.

"Your having a baby?" Dale asked. Rather loudly. I ran up to him and put my hand over his mouth.

"Shut up" I told him. I let go of his mouth.

"What?" He asked me completely shocked.

"We were trying not to tell anyone" I told him as I shoved Glenn.

"I'm bad at keeping secrets" he said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"It's a really bad time to have one" Dale reasoned with us.

"We know. But please don't tell anyone. We will when we're ready" I pleaded with him. He nodded his head.

Carol walked over to us shortly after.

"Why aren't we all out there looking? Why are we moving cars?" she asked us. My heart hurt for her.

"We have to clear enough room so that I  can get the TV turned around as soon as it's running. Now that we have the fuel we can double back to a bypass that Glenn flagged on the maps" Dale told her softly.

"Going backs going to be easier then trying to get through this mess" Shane said as he walked up over to us.

"We're not going anywhere till my daughter gets back" Carol told him. Which she did have a point.

"Hey, that goes without saying" Lori told her as she walked passed her.

"Rick and Daryl, there on it okay? Just a matter of time" Shane said trying to calm her down.

"Can't be soon enough for me" Andrea said as she passed a bottle of water to Glenn. I felt a little pang of jealousy. But I quickly brushed it off. "I'm still freaked out from that herd that passed us by, or whatever you'd call it" Andrea finished.

"Yeah, what was that? All of them just marching along like that." Glenn asked as he took a drink of water.

"A herd. That's sounds about right. We've seen it. It's like the night camp got attacked. Some wandering pack, only fewer." Shane tells us then let's out a sigh. "Coke on, people. We still got a lot of work to do. Least stay on it. Let's go, come on" he said as he ushered us along.

Today was going to be a long day.