83| Meeting

Y/n POV

I saw Rick and Dale walking off. I noticed Maggie chase after us, she had a weird look on her face. It was a look I couldn't read.

"What's wrong Maggie?" I asked her as she caught up to us. She was breathing in air as she leaned over.

"Rick is going to kill Randel" Maggie said as she put her hands on her head to open up her rib cage to get more air in. "He said something about eliminating a threat. I don't know. All I know is Dale ran off not happy. I know you would have some sort of power in what tk do. I just wanted to tell you" Maggie said as she gave me a small smile before  hurrying off.

I had no idea what to think about any of this. Of course I didn't agree with killing somebody, but this is not the same in the real world. He knows where we are. If we let him go he will definitely go fetch his others and I don't want to be here when that happens.

I looked up at Glenn and he was already staring down at me. I could see the hurt in his eyes but I couldn't talk about it just yet. I feel like I let him down not being able to carry the baby.

"What do you think Rick should do?" I asked him before him speaking.

"I think we have to protect the group" He said as he avoided my eyes. I knew he felt the same way. As much as it hurt both of us to keep pushing it away, I think it was for the better.

Just not know. Maybe later. Maybe when Randel's gone. Or maybe when I feel okay again.

"I agree. I just don't like to think about killing someome in cold blood" I said as I shivered at the thought of killing Randel. Was it just going to be a gun shot? Hanging? Strangle him?

"I love you" He said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead. Moments like these make me forget nothing even happened. I melted in his arms and held him tight. "I love you more" I whispered into his chest.

...

Rick called a meeting to talk about what should we do with Randel. I knew the only person going to argue was Dale. The rest were pretty much pushovers. And I know I didn't really want to argue with the group. I could do a whole board of pros and cons.

I was hand in hand with Glenn as we walked into the house I sat down in a chair in the living room. When Rick was the last one to arrive it was finally a meeting.

There was an awkward silence and I scanned the faces of everyone. I knew a lot of them really didn't want to be here, I wasn't surprised. Carl stood in the living room. I smiled at him. It was cute how he wanted to be apart of the group. He is going through his rebellion stage. Rick gave him a look and he sighed and stormed off.

"So how do we do this? Just a vote?" Glenn asked as he looked up from the ground.

"Does it have to be unanimous?" Andrea asked from beside Dale.

"How about majority rules?" Lori asked from the door step.

"Well let's - let's just see where everybody stands. Then we can talk through options" Rick offered.

"Well, where I sit, there's only one way to move forward" Shane states.

"Yeah execute you" I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" Shane asked.

"Oh nothing. Don't worry your little bald head" I said with a smile.

"Killing him, right? I mean why bother to even take a vote? It's clear which way the winds blowing" Dale said in an exhausted voice.

"Well, if people believe we should spare him, I wanna know" Rick said calmly.

"Well, I can tell you it's a small group— maybe just me and Glenn" Dale said, I cringed slightly. I knew Glenn wanted to go along with the rest of the group.

"Look I... I think you're pretty much right about everything, all the time, but this—" Glenn said before Dale cut him off.

"They've got you scared?" Dale asked in a hurt way.

"He's not one of us. And we've.. we've lost too many people already" Glenn said trying to keep peace, I felt bad for Dale.

"I side with Dale" I stood right next to him and smiled proudly. "This zombie apocalypse isint just about zombies. It's more about fighting with people. And I don't want to be one of those who kill just to kill" I said. "If you don't agree with us, so what. But it's the thought that counts and I'm siding with Dale" I said as  I squeezed his arm.

"Really?" Dale asked as he looked kind of shocked. I nodded my head. Dale was a great guy and I didn't want him to fight this battle alone.

"How about you? Do you agree with this?" He asked Maggie.

"Couldn't we continue keeping him prisoner?" Maggie asked.

"Just another mouth to feed" Daryl said from the back of the group.

"It may be a lean winter" Hershel perked up.

"We could ration better" Lori said.

"Well, he could be an asset" Dale continued. "Give him a chance to prove himself."

"Put him to work?" Rick asked. "We're not letting him walk around"

"We could put an escort on him" Maggie said

"Who wants  to volunteer for that duty?" Shane asked.

"You could" I told him, his mouth really pissed me off and I hated hearing him speak.

"I will" Dale said.

"I don't think any of us should be walking around with this guy" Rick told us.

"He is right. I woudjnt feel safe unless he is tied up" Lori said.

"We can't exactly put chains around his ankles, sentence him to hard labor" Andrea told us, but boy I wish we could with you.

I know this is a quick chapter but I wanted to get something out there. Thank you for the support. Love you!!!