39| Opted Out

Y/n POV

The next morning, I got up. I put on my skinny blue jeans with a white top. That was already stained. With blood or dirt. But I didn't mind so much. I was about to head outside when the sudden morning sickness happened.

I'd say I was in there for a good five minutes. God damn this baby is kicking my ass. I took a breath mint and I headed outside.

So if your wondering, what the hell happened with Daryl. It ended up Glenn getting a black eye. But then I kicked Daryl in the balls. Telling him that 'this is how it's going to be. If your not going to support me then get the fuck away from me'. Well he did support me.

Glenn didn't take it personal. I mean he said it was his fault in a way. Daryl said sorry and they eventually made up. Some how. We'll practically the whole group knows about the baby.

And they have been treating me like I'm fragile. We were standing around the Rv. Discussing the plans on how we would get Sophia.

"Everybody take a weapon" Rick said as he had the same black case, that Carl carried around. One slot of missing and that was the knife I had to my pocket.

I smirked at Carl and he smiled back at me. Looks like he didn't tell anyone.

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need" Andrea scoffed as she saw no guns.

"Ouch" I mumbled as I held out my katana. Don't worry Sprinkles, I love you.

"What about the guns?" Andrea asked Rick with her hands on her hips.

"We've been over that. Daryl, Rick and I are carrying. We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles" Shane told her as everyone but her got there weapons.

"It's not the trees I'm worried about" She snapped back at him.

"Say somebody fires at the wrong moment, a herd happens to be passing by. See, then it's game over for all of us. So you need to get over it" Shane told her. Even though I really didn't like Shane, I'm glad he told her off. She was a bit whiney.

"The idea is to take the creek up about 5 miles, turn around and come back down the other side. Chances are she'll be by the creek. It's her only landmark." Daryl told us as I watched Glenn mess around with the weapon he chose.

"Stay quiet and stay sharp. Keep space between you but always stay within sight of each other" Rick said to us.

"Everybody assemble your packs" Shane told us. I looked at Glenn.

"You should stay here" I heard him tell me softly.

"Oh come on. You don't think Sprinkles and I have this covered?" I ask as I held out my katana.

"No. It's just I don't want you getting hurt" he said as he looked down to my stomach.

"Come on, everyone else is treating me like I'm a glass tea pot and now you" i groaned.

"Y/n, you know I want you to be safe" he said as he grabbed my hand.

"I know. And I'll be safe with you" I said as I kissed his cheek.

The only people that were staying was T-Dog because of his arm and Dale because he needed to fix the RV. I people were telling me to stay back but I ignored them. I had to do this for Sophia and Carol.

We started to walk. I knew this was going to be a long walk. Plus since it was still in the morning I knew I was going to throw up again. Either that or I had to go pee.

We made it to the woods part. By now we were in a single file line. Which wasn't really terrible to be honest. It was like follow the leader.

It was getting hot and I saw Glenn's hat in his pocket I took it out of it and put it on my head. He looked back at me and smiled. What? I get sunburn on my face a lot.

We walked into a a little campsite. I saw a tent. Daryl stopped us and we all crouched down. Someone or she could be in there.

"She could be in there" Shane stated as the rest of the line saw what we were seeing.

"Could be a whole bunch of things in there" I told them as we stopped and looked at it.

Rick and Daryl took the lead. I rolled my eyes a little at how the men needed to protect us. It kind of made me laugh in a way.

"Sprinkles could easily do this" I mumbled under my breath. I heard Carl laugh. "Are you laughing at Sprinkles?" I asked him.

We then followed the mainly men as we reached to the tent. Daryl went first since he is the expert. We walked around the tent trying to get a good look inside.

"Carol" Rick whispered to her. She ran to see what was going on. The rest of us followed her. "Call out softly. If she is in there, yours is the first voice she should hear" Rick instructed her to do.

"Sophia, sweetie" Carol called out into the tent. "Are you in there? Sophia it's mommy. Sophia were all here, baby. It's mommy." Carol called out. Nothing happened. I felt my heart drop a little.

Rick walked forward to where Daryl was. Daryl slowly opened the tent. Trying to make no noises then Daryl let out a cough. So did Rick when. Then Shane.

They were all coughing like crazy.

"Daryl?" I called our worried that he hasn't came out yet.

All do the sudden the tent door opened. I jumped a little by the surprise. "It ain't her" Daryl said. At the same time I was disappointed then in a way happy that it wasn't her.

"What's in there?" Andrea asked him.

"Some guy. Did what Jenner said. Opted out. Ain't that what he called it?" Daryl asked us. I nodded my head.

All of the sudden we heard bells ringing. Like church bells. Maybe it was Sophia?