61| Peaches and Jerky

Y/n POV

It's been a couple hours since the kicking happened. Glenn and I walked hand in hand around the camp. Hershel said it was good for me to move around a lot, for the baby's heath too.

We made our way over to Dale. I could tell Glenn needed someone to tell. We talked it over and we thought Dale would be a good person to trust. Glenn even said someone else's opinion would be good.

I told him I didn't want to say anything just yet so I thought we would ease into it. There was a lot of fruit and we needed to pass it on.

"Dale, here's some peaches for you." I announced as we made it up to him. He was working on the RV. "Mm thank you" he said as he hummed and grabbed a couple.

We walked over to T-Dog he wiped his sweat off his forehead. "Sup" he responded as he grabbed some.

"Nothing" Glenn quickly said. I mentally faced palmed myself. "Nothings up why?" Glenn said as he looked around.

He quickly walked away with the basket. I stayed behind and let out a sigh.

"He is getting nervous about being a dad that's all" I said as I rubbed my belly. It was a good cover up, and it was on the spot too.

"I bet. I remember I had those too" Dale said with a small smile as he looked back on past memories

"The baby just kicked so I guess it's making him more nervous" I said with a smile as I thought about what happened earlier.

"Congratulations" T-Dog said as he patted me on the back. I gave him a smile.

"Well, I got to get back to him" I said as I let out a small laugh and walked away after Glenn. I saw him sitting by a tree with Lori with him.

"What did Rick say?" I heard him ask Lori. There was so many secrets it was hard for the poor boy to keep up. "You didn't tell him?" Glenn said as he started to look at the ground. "But you have to" he went on. Lori bent down to pretend she was doing something.

Not to draw way too much attention to ourselves. But Glenn was not doing so well at keeping it on the down low. "You're pregnant" he whisper shouted.

"Lori, he is right. You need the right stuff like I have" I tried to reason with her.

"You need vitamins, medicine, a nice pillow" Glenn went on. Lori looked around trying to see if anyone was looking or if Glenn was drawing attention to himself.

Glenn walked over to the basket with the peaches and jerky and handed her some jerky. "Here you can have my share" Glenn tried to over her.

"Honey, I don't want your food, okay? Eat" She told him.

"Lori, you need to eat. Your very skinny. You might not be able to carry the baby. And if you're not going to let Rick take care of you, someone has to. You can't do this on your own"  I tried to plead with her. She moved hair out of her face as she poured water in a pot over the fire.

"Lori, you have a medical condition. I'll make another run into town. Just tell me what you need" Glenn went on. My heart dropped. It was way too risky and what happened last time was a no go.

"I need you to be quiet about this. All right? Please" she said to him. Before any of us could get out another word we heard Shane whistle.

"Hey! Peach man!" He shouted from afar. I rolled my eyes slightly. I wanted to talk more to Lori about this. And tell her she is not alone.

But Glenn picked up his basket and went on his way. I gave Lori one more look. Trying to get here to tell him. It wasn't okay to keep something like that away and went on my way.

I quickly followed after Glenn. He was walking towards Rick, Shane and Jimmy on the hood of a car. I assumed they were talking about finding Sophia plans. It broke my heart to see it happen.

"See how they do on the range, then take your pick" I heard Rick say as Glenn handed out peaches. I could feel the nerves forming from Glenn being around Rick.

If Lori did not say anything soon he was going to burst and I hope she would fess up soon. Glenn stopped and looked at Rick. I pulled on his arm to go so we wouldn't make it obvious.

He looked at Rick and then back at Lori. And back and forth. There was an awkward silence before Shane spoke.

"My binoculars" he told him. "Oh" Glenn said as he dropped the basket and took them off. I'm glad no one could see his hands shake. I knew from holding his hand, his hand was sweaty.

"Okay bye" he awkwardly walked off. I sighed and said the same lie.

"Nervous about being a dad. The baby kicked so I assume he just getting more nervous" I told him. Rick let out a smile.

"I'm proud of you guys. It's all normal" he said to me. I nodded at him before going back to Glenn.

My feet were killing me from walking back and forth so much. I needed a break and soon so I could get Glenn to calm down and talk about everything. Because he was going to spill about something.

He needed to tell at least someone. And I hope not everyone. I did my best to walk as fast as I could before he could spill or say anything.

Of course I had my doubts on that barn but we have been here for a while and nothing happened. Hershel probably had his reasons and I'm not one to judge.