31| No Hope

Y/n POV

Remember when I was talking about that last kiss? Yeah I was lying. We got out of that shit hole. But now I'm in a even bigger shithole. Ever heard of a line up? Yeah that's what I'm in. Well I've gotten a lot of my group of of shit. And this was just the start of it.

Because to be honest, without me this group would of been dead a long time ago. Rick might be the face of this group but I'm clearly the leader. Well Abraham might tell you something different...wait y'all don't know about Abraham? Shit I'm going a little to fast.

But before I die, we'll assume I do, let me tell you how I got out of that C.D.C...

"You one sad excuse of a man" I told him as I shook my head.

I was tired of playing the nice sweet girl that will let you walk over her. But I wasn't going to let some sad drunk male decide how I was going to die.

"Open the damn door" Daryl shouted at him. The one thing about Dixons were they did have a temper. And believe me I've held that in for a while, but I guess a whole bunch of zombies broke that out of me.

"Out of my way" Shane shouts as he ran to the door, with an axe. He was using the axe to try and break the door open.

But his attempts were useless. "Daryl" he shouts as he throws Daryl and Axe. I watched them both fry over and over again to tear the door down.

"You should've been left well alone, it would of been so much easier" Jenner said to Carol and Lori. They were on the ground holding there kids.

"Easier for who?" Carl asked between chocked sobs.

"All of you. You know what's out there. A shift, brutal life and an agonizing death" Jenner pleaded with us.

"Well I rather be eaten by zombies then stuck with you" I shouted at him and then walking over to Daryl.

"Your...your sister what was her name?" Jenner asked Andrea.

"Amy" Andrea said from the wall she was sitting down at.

"Amy. You know what this does. You've seen it. Is that really want you want? For your wife and kids, Rick?" Jenner asked the man.

"I don't want this!" Rick shouted at him.

"Can't make a dent" Shane said out of breath. I grabbed Daryl's Axe.

"Those doors are designed to withstand a rocket launcher" Jenner said from his seat.

"Well your head ain't" I shouted and charged at him. I felt Glenn pull me back and Daryl take the Axe.

"You do want this. Last night you said, you knew it was a matter of time before everybody you loved was dead." Jenner said looking at Rick.

"What?" I heard Lori ask.

"Rick, what is he talking about?" I asked Rick completely stunned. All he talked about was having hope and we were making it out of here.

"What you really said that? After your big talk?" Shane asked him panting still from hitting the door.

"I had to keep hope alive, didn't I?" Rick fired back.

"There is no hope" Jenner Butts in. I was seriously getting tired of his stupid depressed self. "There never was"

"There's always hope. Maybe it won't be be, maybe not here, but somebody somewhere" Rick states frustrated.

"What part of 'everything is gone' do you not understand?" Andrea said still curled up in a ball from the ground.

"Listen to your friend. She gets it. This is what takes us down. This is our extinction event." Jenner said as he made some big speech as he sits his sorry ass down.

"This isn't right. You can't just keep us here." Carol said as he held onto her daughter.

"One tiny moment...a millisecond. No pain." Jenner said leaning in his chair trying to reason with her.

"My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this." Carol cries at him.

None of us deserves to go out like this. I want to live some what of life I had before it gets taken away from me.

"Wouldn't it be kinder, more compassionate to just hold your loved ones and wait for the clock to run down?" Jenner asks. All of the sudden a gun cocks.

"Shane, no!" Rick yells as he tries to hold Shane back.

"Out of the way Rick" Shane says as he pushes Rick back. "Stay out of my way! Open that door!" He screams at Jenner with his gun pointing to him. "Or I'm going to blow your head off. Do you hear me?" Shane asks as he gun is pointing right at Jenners forehead.

Jenner seems like he isint freaking out. He is calm and collected. Like nothing bad is gonna happen to him. It pissed me off that he was okay with letting this happen to us.

"Brother, brother, this is not the way you do this. We will never get out of here" Rick says as he is standing a little bit in front of Jenner.

"Shane, you listen to him." Lori says still holding on to Carl.

"It's too late" Shane mumbled still staring at Jenner just trying to find some reason to blow his head off sooner. I felt Glenn put his arm around my waist and pull me back a tad.

"He dies, we all" Rick tries to say but ashamed starts screaming. "Shane!" Rick shouts trying to pull the Shane back to earth.

All of the sudden Shane moved and shots on of then computer. I turn around slightly. Scared he might even shoot one of us. He continues to shoot. I turn fully into Glenn's chest and he pulls me down over one of the Computers to block us.

"Shh it's okay" I heard him mumble as he rubbed my back. I nodded into him trying my best to stay calm.

"Shane!" I heard Rick shout. All of the sudden the gunfire stopped. But I was to afraid to even look up.