58| Daddy Daughter Dance

Y/n POV

"Don't you think that was a little harsh?" T-Dog asked me we were outside throwing rocks into the field. He told me when he was angry his dad and him would do that just talking about life and there problems.

"She could of killed Daryl" I said as I chucked a rock into the field.

"Yeah but at least she didn't" he said with a laugh. I couldn't help but let out a tiny laugh.

"You are way different then what I thought you were. What happened?" He aksed me as he picked up a rock.

I didn't answer the question at first. I felt the nice cool breeze blow my hair in the wind. My fingers grazed over a rock feeling the bumbs and then smoothness to it.

"Merle. I know he was a ass. But he was always telling me to toughen up. But it's fucked up I toughen up after he is gone" I said as I threw the rock.

"I get that" I said as he did the same.

"You know, everyone thinks of Merle as an asshole, but one time I was really little at the time. Maybe around 7 not sure. But there was a daddy and daughter dance. My dad come home drunk. The night before, rare night he was ever sober he told me he would take me. I got all ready. My grandma took my out to by a new dress. It was white and had tiny pink flowers on it. I put my hair up in a god awful pony tail. I walked down and he was sitting on the couch fast asleep. It was bad if we woke him up with a good reason. And we never had a reason that fit into his good category. I ran upstairs crying. Merle knocked on my door. He fixed my hair. My mom thought him how to put my hair up in ponytails or braids. Well he fixed my hair and took me. It was one of the best nights I and. Then he took me out to eat at some fast food restaurant. That was the Merle I knew" I said as I felt tears streaming down my face.

"Damn Y/n" he said as he put a hand on my shoulder. I laughed off my tears and wiped them from my face. I quickly threw one more rock.

"Let's go see Daryl" I said as he walked back into the house. T-Dog was the only person I ever told that. I didn't really plan on telling anymore.

I walked, my feet hurt but the pain felt good. It felt nice to feel something other then anger. I kept telling myself it was just the hormones.

This wasn't me. This world isint me. It's crazy and werid to think about what this world could make you do.

I slowly walked into the house. I heard voices of others. I walked in.

"I found it washed up on the creek bed right there" I heard someone say. I walked into the room and saw Rick standing by Daryl's bed. Daryl was laying in bud side and Hershel was giving him stitches.

I smiled slightly at the sight of him. He was okay and doing fine. I guess he was talking about them doll he found.

"She must have dropped it crossing there somewhere" He finished as he looked at me. I smiled and nodded my head. I was leaning against the door and I felt Glenn stand be side me. I felt his arm snake around my waist and pulled me in. He then placed a soft kiss on my head

"Cuts the grid almost in half" Rick said as he looked back around at Shane.

"Yeah you're welcome" as he looked at his side. He wasn't in the best of shape. He was dirty, he really needed a shower. But of course it was hard to make him take one.  Stubborn asshole.

"How's he looking?" I asked Hershel as he continued to work on my brother.

"I had no idea we'd be going through the antibiotics so quickly. Any idea what happened to my horse?" Hershel said as he walked to a bowl to clean his hands.

"Yeah the one who almost killed me? If it's smart, it left the country." Daryl said as he tried to move slightly.

"We call that one Nelly. As in nervous Nelly. I could have told you she'd throw you if you'd bothered to ask. It's a wonder you people survived this long" Hershel told Rick.

Yeah I think that same way. We all ended off going our own ways. But I stayed with Daryl after everyone left.

"I thought you died" I said as I sat down in the chair across from him.

"Can't kill me that fast" he mumbled as he closed his eyes. I let out a small laugh.

"I punched Andrea. Which I have to stop eventually. But she has such a punchable face" I said as I looked down at my knuckles.

"She is not very smart. She really thought she could shoot me. Dumb bitch" Daryl mumbled the last part.

It was quiet for a moment. The Dixion's weren't the best at emotions or anything. Even speaking our feelings.

"Let's not do that again" I said as I leaned over to him. I tired my best to get in a comfortable position with the baby in my stomach.

"Can't promise you nothing" he told me as he smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Do you think she is still alive?" He asked me. My smile dropped.

I knew how much my brother cared for her. But I didn't want to give up hope. It's been this long and the poor girl would scream when she saw a shadow. I do like to think she is out there but the odds are against us.

"Not sure. I like to think so" I replied to him softly. Not wanting to upset him in any way.

"Well I hope so"