56| Your Story

Y/n POV

So my dad wasn't the very best person. I assumed we established that. But talking about it was worse. It's not like Merle, Daryl and I ever sat down and talked about our dad.

After our dad hit one of us it was quiet. No one said anything. I don't know even if we knew what to say. But the most fucked up thing is: He is in our blood.

No matter what we do he is with us. Either we're going to end up like him or finally be free of the never ending cycle of the Dixons.

That's why my mom married dad because she thought he beat the cycle. As far as she was alive he did. But when she was gone it wasn't the same.

"Why don't you talk about your parents?" He asked me. Such a simple question but it has more depth to it.

"Well Merle and Daryl were my parents. My dad was a drunk who liked to yell" I told him as I leaned back in the chair.

"Your mom?" He asked me. Oh boy, my mom.

"She was a smart, caring beautiful women. When my mom and I went out places, she would always get told "You can always ask for help you know. You don't have to be stuck there" At that time I didn't know what they meant by that. But my mom would get mad and go straight home. She was happy and no one believed her" I said as I looked down at my hands.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry" He said as he placed his hand on my leg and squeezed.

"It's not even the sad part yet. Merle and Daryl, they were good brothers. While mom was alive. Of course Merle got into fights every once and a while. Daryl was quiet and stuck to himself" I told him as I thought of past memories. "My dad he was working and when he came home, I was little at the time so it was hard to remember, he would want to do stuff with me. Like play or anything. He even threw a ball in the yard with Merle and Daryl. Mom fell sick when I was very young. She died a year after that" I said as I wiped my eyes a little. "Sorry this is the first time I'm actually telling anyone. So the night of the funeral that's when everything changed. Everyone was gone and it was just my dad, Merle, Daryl and I. Our dad left took the car and went to the bar. I think I was only 4 at the time. We walked home. Merle was carrying me and Daryl on the other side. Then my dad would come home drunk. He would hit us and then sleep. It was the same cycle" I told him as I looked up at him.

I was afraid he was going to call me a freak and he would never talk to me every again. But he didn't. He stood up and held out his arms.

"Come here" He said as he pulled me in close. He felt warm on my cold skin. He rubbed my back and told me everything was going to be okay. And at this time I believed it.

He pulled away. "Sorry about this. I didn't think I would cry" I told him as I wiped my tears.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. Your perfect" he told me. I giggled and pushed him away.

...

"Mind your own business you two" Lori said as Glenn and I followed her. She was pregnant. She got the test a while ago and now she is finding out she is pregnant. (Pretend this makes sense)

"Your pregnant" I wish worked shouted at her.

"You guys can't tell anybody, okay?" She told us. She quickly looked around and saw Rick and Shane walking back up.

"You haven't told him yet?" Glenn said to her.

She bent down and picked up a pocket of water pretending she was doing something. I wanted to shake her right then and there. Glenn walked away.

"You better do something Lori before it bites you back in your ass" I told her before I walked after Glenn.

We got in a distance far away from them so we could have our own conversation.

"Who do you think it is?" I asked as we walked back to the house.

"What do you mean?" He asked me as he grabbed my hand.

"Shane or Ricks" I said as I looked up at him. He stopped.

"Wait what?" He asked me completely stopping as he turned to me.

"Oh come on. Don't act like you didn't even know. They were obviously fucking. She thought her husband was dead I mean she needed something" I told him.

He looked like he was about to burst. He was shit at keeping secrets.

"Glenn don't. You have to keep this to yourself" I told him as I looked up at him.

"Y/n you know I suck at this stuff" He pleaded with me.

"I know babe but please" I said as I grabbed his face. He nodded at me.

"The things I do for you" he mumbled.

"Oh whatever! You love me" I told him as I pushed him slightly.

...

It's been a awhile since Daryl got back. I started to get worried. I knew how much all of this meant to him and I knew he would be out here forever trying to find her.

I didnt want to freak out and go full over protective sister. Which I knew that would be to much. I needed to go out and go get him.

But u know they would never let me do that. No use anyways because then I would have them on my asses the whole time.

Daryl was out there and what if he was hurt. I wasn't going to let him die out there alone. I needed to go get him.