85| Sorry, Brother

Pov Y/n

We were all sitting around the fire waiting for Daryl, Rick, and Shane to come back. We chose to shoot him so it would be over quicker. The fire was heating on the side of my body. It was nice, but it was still a little cold.

Glenn has not left my side and I'm not mad about that. It's nice fixing stuff. I feel better telling him and talking to him so we are able to comfort eachother.

Rick and Carl walked back. Where did Carl come from? Lori does suck at watching her kid. No harm but Carl does like to wonder off pretty far without anyone noticing.

We all stood up awaiting the news. Glenn gave me his hoodie earlier because it was freezing. I didn't know what month it was but it was hot in the day but very cold in the night.

"We're keeping him in custody for now" Rick told us, Maggie wondered off at the news. My guess is Carl walked in and it ruined there whole plan. It's all about keeping his innocence.

"I'm going to find Dale" Andrea announced. Hopefully she gets lost along the way and we don't have to see her ever again. I know Dale will be able to sleep a little bit better knowing that everything was okay.

"Carl, go inside" Lori tells her boy. Oh now she wants to keep a watch on the poor boy. "Now. Please" Carl reluctantly walks inside his tent. He thinks of himself as an adult sometimes.

Lori and Rick stand close together and have another one of their private chats. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I think they act like middle school girls. Gossiping away. It felt awkward just standing there. I looked at Glenn and rolled my eyes. He gave me a small smile. Lori and Rick hug eachother. I wanted to gag.

I grabbed Glenn's hand and walked away. "They act like middle school girls" I said as I walked away. "Always whispering and gossiping. Oh my god! Do we do that?" I asked him trying not to laugh.

"I think we might" he said as he kissed my head. I leaned into him as we walked back to our tent.

...

We were all sitting at the fire. I was cleaning out the dirt from under my fingernails while Glenn was resting his head on my shoulders. The fire wasn't doing its job of keeping me warm. I was still freezing. The hot days really brought out the cold nights.

I suddenly scream shook all of us. I quickly stood up and grabbed my gun that was sitting next to me just like Glenn did.

"Grab Carl" Rick instructed Lori to do. She quickly grabbed Carl. "What happened?" He asked confused as just the rest of us.

"T-Dog! Get a shotgun now!" Rick yelled at T-Dog. He quickly ran and did what he was told.

"I want you to go in the house, lock the door. And stay inside" Lori told Carl firmly. He nodded and ran into the house.

We all followed after Rick trying to find the source of the scream. I pulled my safety off of my gun just in case. I turned my head back and my heart eased as Glenn was right behind me. I stayed alert if my surroundings as I followed Rick.

Rick kicked open the gate and I stayed closely behind him watching his back. The faster we ran the faster we saw what has happening.

"Dale?" Andrea screamed. A Walker was on top of Dale pinning him down. We could only see his body and the walkers and we tried to run as fast as we could. Holding off a Walker was difficult and we didn't have much time until something bad could have happened.

Daryl quickly tackled the Walker off of Dale. And put his knife though the walkers head. "Help! Over here!" Daryl called. Even though I could see what was happening we were still a good bit away.

My legs ached and it was hard to breath but I kept pushing my self towards Dale. I didn't know what condition Dale was in but that made me run even harder. My legs felt numb and I couldn't even move anymore. It felt like they were moving on their own.

"Oh my god. Oh god" Andrea breathed as we reached Dale.

Dale laid on his back. The Walker town open his stomach and his insides were all falling out. I gagged a little. Dale coughed and groaned out in pain. I wanted to look away but I couldn't, the blood and the pain in his eyes broke me down.

"All right, just listen to my voice" Rick told Dale as he kneeled down infront of him. "Listen to me, all right? Just listen to me." The groans from Dale knew he could not come back. "Hold on now. Get Hershel!" Rick screamed.

"He needs blood. We got to operate now" Rick kept going on. I shook my head, he was gone. There was no way someone could come back from this.

I wanted to tell Rick but the words could not leave my mouth. "Hang on Dale" Andrea sobbed as she tired to stay strong.

The look on Dales face. His eyes were pulled out and he couldn't keep a steady breath. My heart broke at the sounds that we're coming out. I wanted to break down and safe him. It shouldn't be him. It should have never. What was he doing out here?

"Listen to me. Okay, listen to my voice. All right? Please. Herhsel!" Rick kept screaming. It was hard to make since if who's voice was who's. I felt Glenn hold on to me.

I looked up at him and the lion on his face made me want to break down. He was close with Dale. We spelt countless days listening to his stories about his wife. He told us about his days on the boat. He was the only one that tried to keep the group together.

All he wanted was to keep peace and he shoudlnt have to go through this. He shouldn't have to die like this. With this type of pain and loss. He does not deserve this.

"Look at me" Andrea said as she cupped his face. Tears fell down her eyes. I may not like her but in this moment she was more then was a a horrible person. She was still someone that needed someone as much as I did.

"What happened?" Herhsel asked as he got down here with us.

"What can we do?" Rick asked, his voice was strained and filled with worry

"Dale, it's gonna be okay" Glenn told Dale as he leaned down just like Andrea.

"Can we move him?" Rick asked as sweat and tears poured down his face.

"He won't make the trip" Herhsel replied softly.

"You have to do the operation here. Glenn get back to the house" Rick said as he stood up. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Rick" He looked up at me and shook his head. "No, no, no" He said as he slumped back to the ground.

Sobs broke out from the group, you could not tell who was crying. It was all muffled and mixed together. Dale continued to groan out in pain.

"He's suffering" I said as I looked at Dale's face. "Do something" I sobbed as I wanted Dale to stop being in pain.

Rick leaned over holding a gun over Dales head. He held it for a minutes and then dropped it down. He shut his eyes and shook his head. He couldn't do it. His hand shook as he tried again. Daryl toon the gun out of Ricks hands. He kneeled down. "Sorry brother" Daryl said as he pulled the trigger.

Andrea let out a loud sob as she broke down. I went over there and I held on to her. I rocked her body back and forth. Her arms righted around me. "It's okay" I told her softly.