86| Spiders

By the time I get through all of the seasons I'll have a lot of freaking chapters. I was thinking like after this season I'll just put the rest of the chapters in a second story so it won't take forever to read.

Y/n POV

"Dale could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us...the truth, who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety, our future, we're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale." Rick finished with his speech.

The air felt cool and soft as blew around us. I stood next to Glenn. It was upsetting to think someone had to die for us to do what is right. I know Dale would be happy for us but I wanted him to see it and live it. His wife would be glad to have him back though. I let out a deep breath as I squeezed Glenn's hand.

I know he was going through a bigger loss then I was. Dale was like a father to him. I remember back at our first spot they would sit hours together trading war stories while I played tag with Sophia and Carl. The thought of Sophia left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Another lost soul that we couldn't have saved. The thought of others dying in front of us with possibilities of saving them is something that keeps you up at night with no control.

...

Famous blue truck that we all stood around once again. Hershel wanted us to sleep in his house since the walkers were getting into the land. He feared that it wasn't safe anymore.

"Gonna be tight, 14 people in one house" Rick said as he sat down his gun on the bed of the truck.

"Don't worry about that. With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..." Herhsel trailed off.

"With 50 head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell" Maggie stated. She was right, say by day more cows end up walker dinner. It was sad when I sad to do that job.

"She's right, we should've moved you in a while ago" Herhsel said to us.

"One big sleepover" I nudged Maggie with my arm. She playfully pushed me. It was nice making the fun out of little stuff while you still could.

"All right, let's move the vehicle near each of the doors" Rick instructed us to do so. I groaned in response. More work to do.

"What's wrong princess? Can't handle it?" Shane asked as he looked over at me.

"Oh please. I am more of a man then you are. So go eat a horses dick" I told him as I walked off with Glenn.

"He'd probably be into that" Glenn said as we walked to our tent.

"What?" I asked as I was so angry I completely forget the context of what he said.

"Eating a horses dick" He said as he restated what I told Shane.

"Ew that's gross to think about" I said as I giggled at the weird thought.

"What? You said it!" He said as we made it to our tent. It was nice being able to sleep in the house. It would be good to be able to finally feel safer.

"If we hurry we will be able to get a good spot. I really don't want to be next to Andrea or Shane. You know they will definitely be doing some corny shit" I told him as I backed away my sleeping bag.

"Me either. Or T-Dog. He is a really big snorer." Glenn said as he did the same with his sleeping bag.

"I think Lori talks in her sleep. Carl is a big kicker. Ugh this is hard. I honestly think we should sleep in the attic" I said as I put all the extra stuff in my book bag that was laying around in the tent.

"Definitely not if there is spiders in there. It seems like an old house there has got to be spiders there" Glenn told me.

"Are you afraid of spiders?" I asked him shocked at the fact that he could.

"What? How could anyone not! They are weird and sometimes hairy. It's just gross" Glenn shivered at the thought.

"What a baby" I joking mumbled at him. He then suddenly grabbed me and started to tickle my stomach. I could helot but kick and laugh uncontrollably.

"If you tell anyone I will hide sprinkles to wear you will never find him" He threatened me as he stopped tickling me.

"Don't you even think about it" I said as I quickly turned around to face him.

"Then keep your light shut princess" he said with a smile.

"Shane ruined that name for me" I said as I cringed of hearing that.

"Princess! Princess!" Glenn shouted over and over again. I covered his mouth quickly.

"Would you shut up!" I asked him as I let go of his mouth.

"Fine" he said as he kissed me on my forehead. It was nice to laugh and mess around with Glenn when serious things were going on in the world. I gave him a quick peck on the lips before I stole his hat and walked out of the tent.

I know this is kinda short but I wanted to get something out there. This new update is kinda cool. Ig makes everything kinda small tho. I hope you all had a good Easter. I'm on spring break so I may be able to update more. Expect another chapter coming out today, but Evan Peters is calling my name! I love Ahs! Love you all!!