73| Have a drink

Y/n POV

I let out a frustrationed sigh. To be completely honest I thought this was going to be way easier than it is right now.

I watched Rick walkover to Hershel trying to get him to come with us. Why is it so hard?

"Now come on. Your girls need you now more than ever." Rick said as he grabbed Hershel's arm. Hershel yanked away from the grip.

"I didn't want to believe you. You told me there was no cure, that this people were dead not sick, I chose not to believe that. But when Shane shot Lou in the chest and she just kept coming, that's when I knew what an ass I'd been, that Annette had been dead long ago and I was feeding a rotten corpse! That's when I knew there was no hope and when that little girl came out of the barn, the look on your face...I knew you knew it too. Right? There is no hope. And you know it now, like I do. Don't you?" Hershel went on. I looked at my shoes. It hurt to know he was partly right. But why did he give up so easily? "There is no hope for any of us. Not even for Y/n baby. How will it survive in a curl world like this?" His words sunk in.

I wanted them to go through one ear and the other. But I couldn't. Having a baby would be difficult and the way this group is falling apart...I don't know how we would be able to even mange it.

But I wasn't going to give up. I couldn't just give up like Hershel. I was going to be a mom and a damn good one at that.

"Look, im done. I'm not doing this anymore, cleaning up after you. You know what the truth is? Nothing has changed. Death is death. It's always been there, whether it's from a heart attack, cancer, or a Walker, what's the difference? You didn't think it was hopeless before, did you? Now there are people back home trying to hang on. They need us, even if it's just to give them a reason to go on, even if we don't believe it ourselves. You know what? This...this isn't about what we believe anymore. It's about them. And Y/n baby will survive. Because it has one good of a mother and father. And it has us" Rick finished it off. I looked over at Rick and gave him a nod. Hershel took another swig from his glass, the last swig and turned it over.

Finally we can get out of here. Then the door opened. We all shot around since Glenn and I were in the middle of the room we quickly made it back to Rick. I felt Glenn stand a little bit in front of me.

"Son of a bitch. They're alive" The skinny guy with a band t-shirt, jeans said. His buddy was an overweight guy that was wearing a hat with a gun strapped to his back. Both of them looked there real assholes. "You mind if we have a drink with y'all?" He asked as he took a seat at one of the tables and poured himself a drink. Before anyone could speak he started talking again.

"I'm Dave. That scrawny looking douche bag there is Tony" Dave joked.

"Eat me, Dave" Tony told him.

"Maybe I will someday" Dave joked as he laughed. I cringed and I sunk deeper behind the counter with Glenn by my side. As if we could sense my nervousness he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. "We met on I-95 coming out of Philly. Damn shit-show it was" Dave told us.

"I'm Glenn. It's nice to meet some new people" Glenn said trying to make conversation. I got a bad feeling about this and these people made me uncomfortable.

"Rick grimes" Rick said as he handed Tony a glass.

"How about you pal? Have one?" Dave asked Hershel.

"I just quit" Hershel replied.

"And the pretty lady?" Dave asked me. I felt the feeling in my stomach grow. I sticked to Glenn even more than before.

"I'm fine" I said with as much confidence as I could put together. I could feel Glenn tense up from beside me.

"You've got a unique sense of timing, my friend." Dave went back to Hershel.

"His name is Hershel. He lost people today, a lot of them" Rick answered for Hershel. Dave looked at the ground before answering.

"I'm Truley sorry to hear that. To better da us and new friends. And to our dead...may they be in a better place" I watched as Rick, Dave and Tony took down the shot quickly while Glenn hesitated a little.

Dave leaned over the table and the gun under his shirt showed. His eyes locked on Rick trying to brush it off. "Not bad huh?" He asked as he pulled it out. "I got it off a cop" Dave said as he looked over his gun.

"This one was already dead" Dave said as he looked and Tony and smiled.

"You fellas are a long way from Philadelphia" Rick said as he took another shot. I really hope he had a nice drinking tolerance if things go south. And by the looks of it, it definitely will.

"Feels like we're a long way form anywhere" Dave answered him back.

"Well, what drove you south?" Rick asked keeping a nice light conversation going.

"Well, I can tell you it wasn't the weather. I must of dropped 30 pounds in sweat alone down here" Dave said as he rubbed his head.

"I wish" Tong grumbled.

"No, first I'swas D.C. Heeard there might have been some refugee camp but the road were jammed, we never got close. We decided to get off the highway, into the sticks. Keep hauling ass. Every group we came across had a new rumor about a way out of this" Dave told us.