47| Funeral

Y/n POV

"We're having Otis funeral today" she said as we walked out of the house to everyone else. "When we do funerals, we pick rocks and each place them on the body. But since we don't have one not much to dig a hole. So we will just place rocks" she explained.

"I'm sorry. About Otis" I told her as I looked at her. She gave me a small smile.

"Wasn't your fault" she said. We walked up to the rest of the group. I saw Glenn and he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Feeling good?" He asked me. I nodded and her rubbed my back and we counted to pick rock.

I didn't know which rock's exactly to pick. So I just found a pretty good sized ones and put them in the barrel.

There was a girl with Blonde hair which I assumed was Maggie sisters Beth. And I boy with with a cowboy hat was Beth's boyfriend.

I was about to pick up another rock. Which Glenn told me I could sit this one out because of my stomach but I said I was going to do the right thing and help.

I heard a motorcycle. I turned around and saw the Rv, Motorcycle and a car pull up. I dropped the Rock and ran to the entrance of the farm.

They all pulled up. Maybe they found Sophia. I heard a whole bunch of 'Y/n waits' but I didn't care. I wanted to see my brother.

They all parked in the front yard. Daryl got off his motorcycle and I gave him a big hug.

"I'm glad your alright" I told him as I pulled away.

"I'm alright. You?" He asked me. I nodded as he ruffled my hair.

We all gave our hugs and hi's they asked if Carl was alright and stuff. And we all told them everything. We saw no Sophia and I gave Carol i hug and told her we would find her.

"How is he?" Dale asked Rick as he saw him step out of the house.

"He will pull through, thank to Hershel and his people" Lori said with a big smile

"And Shane" Rick said. I wanted to roll my eyes."we'd have lost Carl if not for him" Rick said. So we're forgetting about Otis?

...

Beth but her rock on the pile. I stood next to Glenn, who is hat was in his hands. Hershel was reading from the Bible.

It was a nice ceremony. I've never really been to a funeral other then my moms. When my grandma past dad wouldn't let us go because he didn't like her.

"Blessed be god, father of our lord Jesus Christ" Hershel said, Jimmy placed a rock. "Praise be to him. For the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character,Otis who gave his life to save a child's. Now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, god, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in grace.  Shame, will you speak for Otis?" Hershel asked. Q we all looked at Shane.

He shaved his hair off. He was wearing Otis's clothes who made him look like farmer joe. The first I saw him I snorted a bit. Shane didn't saw anything he just stared at Hershel.

"I'm not good at it. I'm sorry" Shane told us as he looked to the ground.

"You were the last one with him. You shared his final moments. Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning" Patricia begged him. Her quiet sobs broke through her words.

"Okay" Shane said. He walked up to the top of the Grave. He had something in his eyes. And eerie feeling to it. I stepped closer to Glenn.

"We were about Done. Almost out of ammo. We were done to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. 'We got to save the boy' See, that's what he said. He gave me his backpack. Shave me ahead. 'Run' he said. He said 'I'll take the rear. I'll cover you' And when I looked back..." Shane stopped. He limped over to grab a Rock. "If not for Otis, I'd have never made it out alive. And that goes for Carl too. It was Otis. He saved us both. If any death ever had meaning, it was his" he said as he placed the rock on top.

Bullshit. It seemed to fake. Well put together. I looked over at Dale and he looked confused. Like he had the same thoughts I did.

Shane was ruthless. He changed ever since Rick got back. I trusted Shane before but now, something in him is different. This is what the world does to people I guess.

...

"How long has this girl been lost?" Hershel asked us and we all huddled around a truck and discussed the plans.

"This'll be day three" Rick answered. All do the sudden Maggie came up with something in here hand.

"County survey map" she said as she laid down the lamp on the hood of the car. "Shows terrain and elevations" she said as she placed rocks on the corners so it would stay down.

"This is perfect. We can finally get this thing organized. We'll grid the whole area. Start searching in teams" Rick told us.

"Not you. Not today" Hershel said looking at Rick. "You gave three units of blood. You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this head before passing out. And you ankle" he said looking at Shane. "Push it now, you'll be laid up a month. And not you either" he said looking at me. "Your pregnant and I need to take a look at you" he said. I groaned.

"Guess it's just me" Daryl stated. Totally unfair. "I'm gonna head back to the creek, work my way from there" Daryl told us.

"I can still be useful. I'll drive to the interstate, see if Sophia wandered back" Shane said. Okay now he gets to do something.

"All right, tomorrow then" Rick said to us.

"Yeah tomorrow" I said with a smile.

"Not you" Rick said.

"Oh come on"