71| Hatlins

Y/n POV

Rick looked at the flask that I gave to him. The one that was on Hershel's dresser.

"That belonged to my grandfather, gave it to dad when he died" Maggie said as she looked over the flask.

"I didn't take Hershel for a drinker" Rick said. I kind of winced at those words.

"No, he gave it up on the day I was born. He didn't even allow liquor in the house" Maggie explained to us.

"What's the bar in town?" I asked her. Maybe that's where Hershel is, because there is not liquor here he has got to find it somewhere else.

"Hatlin's. He practically lived there in his drinking days" Maggie told us.

"Betting that's where I'll find him" I told her as I walked to the door.

"Y/n you can't" Glenn said stopping me.

"What? Just because I'm pregnant? I know how to handle a drinker" I scoffed at him. Thinking back at my dad and the way he was. Glenn sighed, he knew there was no point in arguing.

"I've seen the bar in town. I'm going with you" He said sternly. The more the merrier.

"I'll go get the truck" Rick said as he headed out the door. I saw Maggie walk off to Carter and I walked ahead. Glenn and I were pretty rough, I don't know why.

I really think we need to get off this stupid farm because maybe moods won't be so terrible. Even though it is a safe spot, something tells me that we shouldn't be here. Something bad was going to happen.

Then again we are in a fucking apocalypse, anything could happen.

I was outside with Rick. Glenn went to go grab a gun just in case. "You sure you want to do this?" Rick asked me.

"Just because im pregnant it won't slow me down" I said as I got into the back of the car. I rested my feet up. This was the nicest bed I ever had.

I saw Glenn open my door and kiss me on the head. Even though I was still made at him the small gesture made me happy.

"Wake me up when I get there" I told them as I felt myself drift off into some sort of sleep. I haven't slept in days and the soft seats were nice on my back.

It's been a couple of minutes give it take 10. It was hard to fall asleep knowing it was daylight but it was nice to at least relax.

I had no idea what I was going to tell Hershel. Maybe a "get it together" sort of pep talk? I don't know even if it is a pep talk.

"Y/n said she loves me" I heard Glenn say. "I said it back of course" I heard him go on. Maybe it's a good time to pretend in alseep.

I assumed Glenn thinks I am because I don't think he would say this stuff if I am awake.

"She doesn't mean it. I mean she can't. She's upset and confused. She is pregnant. Maybe she feels forced to love me" He stutters on. I kind of felt kind of weird. Do I not show it enough? Does he not feel the same way.

"U think she's smart enough to know what she's feeling" Rick says in my defense. I kind of smile but quickly brush it off incase they do look behind them and catch me still awake.

"No, you know want? She wants to be in love, so she's... she needs something to..to like hold onto" Glenn stutters on. Is this why he talked to Maggie so much?

"Glenn, it's pretty obvious to everyone Y/n loves you, and not just because your one of the last men standing. So what the problem?" Rick asks him. Rick obviously knows what im thinking right now.

"I'm avoiding her. I don't feel like im going to be a good enough father to our baby or the husband she deserves" He went on. My heart dropped. Why does he never talk to me about this?

Clearly he isn't thinking straight. I love him so much. And to be honest even if we weren't in a apocalypse I would still choose him. I never had a real relationship. Minus the times that Daryl or Merle would scare of my dates but I never had the same feeling I do with Glenn.

"I never had a woman say that for me before. You know expect my mom, of course, and my sisters. But with Y/n, it's different. We barely know each other. What...what does she really know about me? Nothing. Well she knows everything I tell her but no one can really know someone in the time we had together. We're practically strangers. But I... I didn't know what to do with it. I just go away like a jerk" Glenn ranted on. I could hear the hurt in his voice. It made me feel better to know that he wasn't leaving or ditching me for other reasons.

"Hey, this is a good thing. Something we don't get enough of these days. Enjoy it. You guys have a good thing going on. And when we get back, return the favor. It's not like she's going anywhere" Rick told him.

I kind of felt bad for overhearing a private conversation. But at the same time they talk really loud and im 'sleeping' in the back seat. When we get back Glenn will talk to me and I'll pretend I didn't hear a word.

Maybe even cry a little or act surprised. I mean the hormones it would be easy. Just think of a dying dog on the side of the road...oh no im actually starting to cry. Okay get ahold of yourself Y/n. You're still in the back seat of the car. I felt the car take a small turn.

I think know was the time for me to sit up and act like I didn't hear Glenn pouring his heart of to Rick. About me of course!