30| The last kiss

Riddle me this? #1 in Carl grimes but Carl has nothing to do with this story 😭😭

Y/n POV

"It can't be down to just that one" Shane told us. My face dropped. We were going to die here if we didn't find a way out.

We raced back up the stairs. I hated going up stairs. Always hurted my legs. You know before the apocalypse I would of told you stairs would be a good idea to get some exercise. But now things have changed.

We raced back into the main room. Everyone was on the stairs infront of us.

"Rick?" Lori called out from above us. Everyone else started to come down to greet us.

"Jenner what's happening?" Rick asked as Jenner made it down the stairs.

"The system is dropping all the nonessential uses of power. It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second. That started as we approached the half hour mark. Right on schedule." Jenner said as we walked into the big room. He took another sip of alcohol.

We waited in silence for him to say something. I was about to go over there and make him say something myself.

Daryl ripped the bottle of of Jenners hand. "It was the French" Jenner finally says.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked him, I couldn't control my anger anymore.

"They were the last ones to hold out as far as I know. While our people were bolting our the doors and commuting suicide in the hallways, they stayed in the labs till the end. They thought they were close to finding a solution." Jenner said walking up the stairs to the big circle.

"What happened?" Jackie asked him.

"The same thing that's happening here. No power grid. Ran out of juice. The world runs on fossil fuels. I mean, how stupid is that?" Jenner asked us.

"Let me tell you what-" Shane said running up to him. Before Rick stopped him.

"To tell with it, Shane. I don't even care. Lori, grab our things. Everybody get, your stuff. We're getting out of here now." Rick told us. I looked at a Glenn and nodded my head. He hurried off and packed our stuffs

I wanted to say here because I wanted to also talk to Jenner and figure out what's really going on.

All do the sudden a alarm went off. It was loud and it hurt my ears. I was hopping this building was sound proof because if not Walkers from all over the place could hear it.

"30 minutes to decontamination" VI said. That word again. I know what it fucking means.

"Doc, what's going on here!" Daryl shouted. I know it I just can't wrap my mind around it.

"Everybody y'all heard Rick gets your stuff and let's go! Go now! Go!" Shane shouted at them. All of the sudden the door shut.

"Did you just lock us in?" I heard Glenn ask. I felt him come up behind me. "He just locked us in" I heard him shout after he didn't get an answer.

I didn't want to freak out. I knew were going to get out of here somehow.

"You on of a bitch" Daryl said as he stormed to Jenner. "Shane!" Rick yelled trying to get Daryl to stop.

I jumped in front of Daryl. "Stop" I told him. He looked at me his expression softing up a bit and he stepped back.

"Hey, Jenner, open that door now." Rick said sternly.

"There's no point. Everything topside is locked down. The emergency exists are sealed" Jenner said going back to his computer.

"Well, open the damn things" Dale shot right back at him.

"That's not something I control. The computers do. I told you once that front door closed, it wouldn't open again. You heard me say that. It's better this way" Jenner said not getting out of his stupid chair.

"What is? What happens in 28 minutes?" I asked him getting in his face. He didn't answer, he turned around. "What happens in 28 minutes?!" I screamed at him.

"You know what this place is?!" He yelled back at me standing up. I felt Glenn pull me back a little. "We protected the public from very nasty stuff! Weaponized smallpox! Ebola strains that could wipe out half the country! Stuff you don't want getting out! Ever!" Jenner screamed at all of us. I was a little shocked at the random outburst.

There was a silence. Everyone looking at him not knowing what to say or do. Jenner sat back at his seat and fixed his coat.

"In the even if a catastrophic power failure, in terrorist attack, for example, H.I.T.'s are deployed to prevent any organisms from getting out." Jenner said calmer.

"H.I.T.'s?" Rick asked him stepping forward a bit.

"VI, define" Jenner says. Oh my god. This man couldn't even tell us what some disease was.

"H.I.T's, high-impulse thermobaric fuel-air explosives consist of a two-stage aerosol ignition that produces a blast wave of significantly greater power and duration than any other known explosive expect nuclear. The vacuum-pressure effects ignities the oxygen at between 5,000 and 6,000  degrees and is useful when the greatest loss of life and damage to structures is desired." VI said. I grabbed Glenn's hand. We were going to be set on fire.

"It sets the air on fire." Jenner said. I wiped around to look at him. "No pain. An end to sorrow, grief...regret. Everything." Jenner said. I grabbed Glenn's hand really tight.

I didn't want to die like this. I didn't want to die at all. I wanted to live the rest of my sorry ass life stuck in this. Well I won't be stuck for long when this shit blows up.

I wanted to have kids and get married to Glenn. I had everything planned out. This is horrible. I looked around to see everyone's faces. They were full of horror or sadness. I looked at Glenn. I leaned in and kissed him. Maybe this was the last kiss I would ever be able to have with him.