32| Made it out

Y/n POV

You know it's sweet that almost everything that bad happens to the group and I, Glenn was always there. We always went through it together. So it gave me some sort of peace. Even when a baseball bat might kill one of us. It's still me and Glenn.

But we got a long way before that even happens. And a lot more shit to happen. So where do I leave off..? Oh Shane going crazy and shooting stuff. Ya know sometimes I miss the way he always caused trouble. It was easy going against Shane. But not so much a big group...

I look up. Rick was over Shane holding his gun and Shane was on the ground. A felt like I could breathe a little more knowing that the gun was in safe hands.

"Are you done now? Are you done?" Rick asks Shane still holding onto the gun.

"Yeah, I guess we all are" Shane tells him. Rick moves away from Shane and focus on Jenner. While the were arguing Jenner was doing something on his computer.

I walked up from my hiding place hoping that everything was getting taken care of. I felt Glenn come up behind and and I grabbed his hand.

Everyone was silent and starting at Rick to do something.

"I think your lying" Rick finally says and catches all of our attentions.

"What?" Jenner asks him Turing around, slightly offended.

"Your lying. About no hope. If that were true, you'd have bolted with the rest of taken the easy way out. But you didn't. You chose the hard path. Why?" Rick states asking.

"It doesn't matter" Jenner says quickly avoiding ricks questions.

"It does matter. It always matters. You stayed when the others ran. Why?" Rick says getting in front of his face.

"Not because I wanted too. I made a promise. To her. My wife" Jenner says pointing to the screen.

"Test subject 19 was your wife. Wasn't she?" I asked him. Which makes complete sense. I walked closer to him not being so afraid anymore. Glenn following closely behind.

"She begged me to keep going as long as I could. How could I say no?" Jenner says. I was about to reply with something before we heard a loud bang.

I turned my attention to where the sound was coming from. It was Daryl still pounding on that stupid door.

"She was dying. It should've been me on that table. I wouldn't have matters to anybody. She was a loss to the world. Hell she ran this place. I..I just worked here. In our field she was an Einstein. Me? I'm just...Edward Jenner. She could've done something about this. Not me." Jenner tells us. I look at the ground. It was kind of sad but it doesn't mask the fact that we're stuck here.

"Your wife didn't have a choice. You do. That's all we want. A choice. A chance." I tell him.

"Let us keep trying as long as we can" Lori pleads softly.

"I told you topsides locked down I can't open those." Jenner tells us and walks past Rick and I. I slightly lower my head.

Jenner walks off somewhere to do god knows what. Maybe go get a last jerk off session before we all blow up and die.