59|Awkward

(If you guys don't like the way I'm writing this story or anything like that, please don't read. I'm adding in that Shane and Lori slept together again so that the baby could be Shane's to fit our timeline. I know the baby is not Ricks. Plus I need this time line to work for something I'm adding into it. But for the people who enjoy it, thank you and I love the support!)

Y/n POV

Okay so if I could rate the top 5 most awkward moments in my life this would be number one. We're all sitting at a table eating dinner that Carol made for us. No one is talking or laughing or anything. The only thing I could hear is the loudness of Andreas chewing.

I was bored and this was starting to freak me out. I'm not big on uncomfortable things. Makes me feel weird and my hands all sweaty so you know me. We have to take shit into our own hands.

"OH MY GOD! MY WATER JUST BROKE!" I shouted and stood up. Thanks to my one year of theater in highschool I could definitely pull this off.

"What?" Glenn asked as he stood up. He was freaked out and he looked like he saw someone get shot.

"You can't be, it's to early" Lori said as her voiced was laced with worry.

"Something is wrong" Hershel said as he stood up and came over to me.

I started to laugh. I couldn't help it anymore. The look on there faces almost made me pee my pants. I couldn't take it.

"Why are you laughing?" Maggie asked me. I looked at he and crossed my legs together so I wouldn't piss my pants.

"I'm sorry...you guys should have seen your faces" I said as I managed to get it out.

"Come on Y/n" Glenn huffed out as he put his hand on his chest.

"Okay so like umm no one was talking it was really awkward, I had to do what I had to do" I said as I sat back down and took a sip of water.

I heard T-Dog chuckle. And i got a few laughs out of others. We continued to eat and no one was really talking. I thought of other stuff I could do but this time I kept my mouth shut.

I hated these awkward moments. They were so weird and it made me feel itchy for some reason. All of the sudden I felt someone tap my leg. I looked over and I saw Glenn pass me a note. I smiled as I opened the note.

"Meet me at the barn for a surprise" the note read. I couldn't help but let out a smile.

I felt like a little girl passing notes in class. I looked up and Maggie gave me a look. I mouthed to her 'I'll tell you after dinner'.

The rest of the dinner was awkward. I thought about maybe flipping a table or something. Maybe that would be way too much. And a big mess.

I saw Carol get up with a tray. I knew where she was going. To give the tray to Daryl. I smiled. It was nice knowing I didn't have to take care of him all the time and others care.

The dinner was finally over. I got up and I picked up dishes to go into the kitchen to help Maggie.

"So what was the note about?" She asked as we put dishes into the sink.

"He asked me to meet him by the barn. And I know we aren't having any late night activities because last time I'm stuck with this little one" I told her as I pointed to my stomach. Her face kind of looked weird and then she quickly hid it with a smile.

I didn't want her to think that it might be because she was might be jealous. But I thought we were over this. I brushed away those thoughts and let out a small sigh.

"Do you know what it is about?" She asked as she washed a cup.

"No idea. But I kind of feel like a teenage girl" I said as I dried the cup.

"I loved passing notes" She said with a smile as she looked out the window in the night sky.

"I only got caught once. And the note said the teacher looked like a hag" I said as I let out a laugh.

"That's terrible! I can't believe you got caught" She said as she let out a laugh too.

"Trust me, I try to forget it" I said as I dried a plate. "Hey do you mind if I check up on Daryl?" I asked her.

"Yeah no problem" she said with a smile. I set down the towel and walked through the house. It was nice and peaceful. I walked into the room where my brother laid on the bed.

He quickly covered up the covers up his back. On his back there were scares of when our dad hit us. I never got those. Only bruises. It hurt to see that Daryl and Merle went through it the worst.

"It's just me" I told him as I sat down on the chair. He didn't say anything but sat down. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I got comfortable in the chair.

"Besides from the big hole in my stomach and getting shot I say I'm pretty good" he grumbled.

"You're a jackass" I told him as i let out a small laugh.

"How are you doing?" He said as he looked down at my stomach.

"Pretty good actually. This little shit hasn't given me any trouble" I said as I rubbed my stomach.

"It will once it's out" he joked right back at me.

"I'm sure it will" I told him. We spent a little bit just talking until I could tell he was about to pass out. I kissed his head and walked out of the room. I made my way down to the barn.