特殊章节五

Special Chapter Five: The Brightest Star
(Alternative title: Please, Smile Always)
Updated: September 18, 2023

Training was all that Minhyung knew since the day that he was born. He was the First Prince of Lee after all, where training, strength, and power dictated the lifestyle. Those who live in Lee, commoners included, knew of this lifestyle, and those who have the opportunity and ability to be able to train and become a soldier or even a well-decorated general, were looked up to and valued wholly. If you weren't able, then you would hope for a son or daughter who were, sending them to military school the moment they are of age. This was why Lee had one of the largest and strongest militaries on the continent, second only to the Frozen Battalion.

Other than training, Minhyung had younger brothers to take care of, one of which was the Crown Prince in which he had no choice but to protect.

And, day after day, that was all that he did. He trained diligently from dawn to dusk, only occasionally stopping by to oversee Jeno's and Jisung's training. And, without a doubt, Minhyung was one of the best fighters in all of Lee. His skills were incomparable since he first started at the young age of five-years-old, exceeding all expectations of his uncle the Emperor and all of his teachers and masters to a point he started learning with full grown adults by the age of ten. His skills were extraordinary, and not even the best fighter of the time could deny that.

It was not long after that the other two young princes began to catch up to Minhyung's level, ranking second and third after him. And, as the three princes continued to train, their skills continued to improve. The emperor could not be more proud, especially of his nephew, the First Prince.

Not only was Lee Minhyung skilled at the art of war and the art of combat, he was extremely caring and motherly to his younger cousins, constantly watching out for the two of them and defending them when they got into fights. He took care of them when they were sick and helped them improve their own combat skills. He protected his parents and was a good and filial son. It seemed that even since his childhood, Minhyung would always put his family first.

However.

There was one boy that was always an exception. Everyone in the empire knew and saw this as clear as the sun shining during the day.

When this boy was around, Minhyung would abandon his duties, abandon his family, just to see him, to follow him. He admired this boy as if he was the brightest star, gaze constantly glued to the boy and basked in the sunlight-like attention he received.

This boy was none other than the product of the Huang and Na alliance, Prince Lee Donghyuck. He was a kind and bubbly prince that always brought up the mood within the tense Lee Empire. Even his little brother, Chenle, had the same effect. But, there was just something different about Donghyuck that only Minhyung saw. Something that no one else could see, not even Donghyuck himself.

This boy was beautiful. As bright as the sun, yet as elegant as the moon and stars. His skin was slightly darker, but that was his charm. It was smooth with a sun-like glow. Minhyung didn't care what other people thought. Who cared if others saw him as ugly? Minhyung thought he was beautiful.

The day was like every other day in Lee. Minhyung was in his courtyard, training diligently to practice for an examination later that week. If he did well, he would be able to lead an army of ten thousand men to battle.

But, the summer heat was overbearing, and before Minhyung could try to get another move in, he felt his exhaustion overcome him, and he sank to the ground; his sword plopping down beside him. For a moment, he sat there, huffing and puffing, as a servant ran over with a cup of cool water. He usually enjoyed training, but when it was in a heat like this, it was no longer fun and more so exhausting. It was like the temperature sucked all of the energy out of him in an instant.