New axis (Dotae)

Doyoung sits reading a book, his usual after work relaxation. He sometimes reads for hours. He invited his boyfriend around to be with him because he didn't feel like going out.
"Doyoungie I'm bored, pay attention to me." Taeyong says as he takes the book from his hands and dog ears the page. He's tired of being ignored.
"T-Taeyong, sweetie I was reading that." Taeyong smirks and crawls over and straddles his lap. He starts kissing his neck and sucking the skin between his lips and biting.
"What are you doing?" Taeyong doesn't stop kissing him.
"Babe?" Finally Taeyong's shoulders drop and tears paint his face as he looks in Doyoung's eyes.

"I'm trying to get you to notice me, to pay attention to me. I didn't say yes to be your boyfriend to get a buddy out of it. I need more. I need affection. Kiss me, touch me, make love to me. Hell, even a cuddle every now and then would work." He pulls back and sits on the couch as Doyoung sits there stunned. He didn't realize he was hurting the other this much.

"Taeyong, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shut you out or anything. I just, I thought you wanted to go slow." Taeyong sighs.
"I did say that, and I meant it. But I've been trying to let you know I'm ready and all I feel from you is rejection. If you don't want to be with me in that way then we should probably end it now. Before I say I love you, before I give up my heart." Doyoung's eyes are wide.
"Do you? Do you love me?" He asks in a whisper.
"I don't have to answer that. I want to end this now." Taeyong says softly as he stands. Doyoung quickly stands too and grabs his hands.
"No baby please, give me a chance." He grabs his face and kisses him hard, his heart breaks when he sees Taeyong's tears fall harder. He only shakes his head no and walks out.
Doyoung is crushed.

Over the next couple of weeks Doyoung is a shell of himself. He doesn't leave his house except for work. He thought he was doing it right, he thought that's what Taeyong wanted. He's tried to reach out but he doesn't respond to him. He's at a loss of what to do.

"I don't know what to do Johnny? I want him back. I want to show him how much I love him but he won't even look in my direction." Doyoung cries to his best friend.
"Look, you need to do something big, something to show him that you want to spend every waking minute pleasing him." Doyoung frowns.
"But what?" Johnny shrugs.
"That's something you need to figure out, it has to be something that he will understand as part of your relationship." Doyoung nods and thanks him.

When he finally figures it out he doesn't hesitate to set his plan in motion. It's a lot of work, because he lives on the tenth floor but he has borrowed a cart from his old lady neighbor who uses it for groceries.
When he gets to his destination, which happens to be right outside the window of Taeyong's first story office, he grabs the big metal bucket he brought and throws some paper and lighter fluid in it, and strikes a match. It bursts into flames but is out before he can even start.

He tries again and by this time Taeyong is watching from the corner of his eye. He is quite confused but also quite amused. Of course Doyoung is so absorbed in what he's doing he doesn't see him.
He lights it up again and this time he grabs a book and throws it in before the fire dies. It starts burning and he watches as the flames go higher.
He looks up to see Taeyong looking at him, very confused.
He grabs his signs for Taeyong to read. He watches as he mouths the words.

I miss you

I will do anything to get you back

I will burn every book I own to prove to you

That I will only pay attention to you

I love you.

Taeyong jumps up when he gets to the last one and runs out of the building as Doyoung throws another book on.
"What are you doing? Are you crazy?" He asks as he grabs a book from his hands and throws it into the trunk.
"Wha? I just. I need you to know that you are important to me." Taeyong softens.
"But most of your books are antique, worth a lot of money." Taeyong says. Doyoung grabs another and throws it on.
"I don't care. I will never read again if it means I can have you back in my life." Taeyong watches as the tears roll down his face. He has dark circles under his eyes as if he hasn't slept in days.
He grabs another book.