When i was your man (mark,ren,Hyuck,No)

Same bed but it feels just a little bit colder now...

Mark immediately walks zombie style to the break room when he gets to work. He'd rather have had the delicious coffee from down the street but thanks to his on and off nightmares, he's stuck with the Keurig version. Don't get him wrong, there is nothing wrong with these any other time of the day, but he always loves to get his first cup from his favorite place.
As he listens to the machine sputter he can only dream of the cozy atmosphere and delicious smells, but soon enough the boxes of extra cleaning chemicals they stack in the corner wins out and he's brought back to reality.
"Hey, oh shit, another one of those nights?" His assistant and friend Jeno, asks as he walks in to see him looking like a mess.
He walks up with a gentle smile and fixes a few stray hairs before he helps straighten his tie.
"Nightmare again?" He asks with pursed lips.
"Yeah, we were in bed, I was holding him then he just disappears, and I wake up, and he's still gone." Jeno shakes his head.
"It's been half a year already. You need to let it go and move on, or you are going to miss out on the opportunity to find love, even when it stares you in the face." Mark sighs.
"I'm trying." He whispers as Jeno walks out shaking his head.

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same...

As Mark leaves another late night at work, exhausted, he starts his playlist only to hear their song. "Marry me" by Bruno Mars. They had talked about marriage so many times, his future was set.
"God damnit! I'm trying to get over him. I just want the ache to go away." He says to himself as he punishes himself by not switching the song. At least now he can hear it without crying.

When our friends talk about you all it does is just tear me down cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name...

"So have you heard from him lately? He's seeing someone." Mark shakes his head as he sits in the bar drinking away his sadness.
"I didn't know, I guess, he's happy now." Jaemin sighs and pats his back.
"All the more reason to move on." He nods.
"I'm getting there. I mean there are times when I miss him and times that I miss the idea of him you know? Like I'm not sure if it's him I'm still mourning or the relationship." Jaemin claps his hands.
"Friday. I am introducing you to someone." Mark frowns.
"I don't think I'm ready." He says shaking his head.
"I'm not asking you to marry the guy, just talk, maybe a little rebound sex? Whatever, but you need to get out there. You need to rip off the band aid and let him go already." He nods and wipes at his eyes.
"Ok, fine. I'll meet him."

Too young too dumb to realize...

"Your doing what?" Jeno asks shocked as he listens to Mark ramble on about Friday.
"Jaemin thinks I need to start seeing people so he's setting me up with some guy. We are meeting at a restaurant. It's no big deal." Jeno frowns.
"It's kind of a big deal, don't you think this is sudden? You can't listen to that stupid song without crying, you have nightmares and all you ever do is talk about how bad you fucked up." Mark slams his coffee cup down on the counter.
"Shouldn't you be more supportive? You were telling me I need to get over him and maybe sleeping with some random dude will help with that? Maybe getting out of my apartment and seeing that there are other people out there will help me move on? I thought you were my friend." He says as he walks out. Jeno walks toward the door with his head down.
"Maybe that's the problem."

6 months ago

I should have bought you flowers..

"Hi baby, how was your day?" He nods with a small smile.
"Why are you so dressed up?" He frowns.
"I thought we could go out?" He kind of asks.
"Renjun, baby, it's eight, I just got off work and I want to go to bed." He nods and watches as Mark walks off to shower. He silently cries before going to change and go to bed. He feels Mark hold him from behind but it isn't enough.