ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26

The night enveloped the world in a velvety shroud, stars scattered like diamonds across the obsidian canvas of the sky. The moon cast a gentle glow, revealing silhouettes of trees and buildings. A symphony of nocturnal sounds filled the air, as shadows played in the quietude, creating a serene contrast to the bustling life of the day now at rest.

But not for the ElmWood mansion.

Bullets zipped through the air, their staccato rhythm echoing in a gritty urban setting. Muzzle flashes illuminated the shadows as adversaries sought cover behind debris and abandoned vehicles. Tension mounted with each exchanged round, creating a deadly dance where survival hinged on split-second decisions. The acrid smell of gun smoke hung in the contested air, while the cityscape bore witness to the violent ballet of a gunfight, a clash of wills in the cold embrace of danger.

Amidst the turmoil, a cacophony of anguished cries and strained grunts pierced the air, forming a dissonant symphony of suffering. The collective voice of pain reverberated, echoing the harsh reality of a moment steeped in distress and turmoil.

Grunts, screams, and sounds of guns keep hearing even from afar.

Billy and Heng rushing from the car and run towards the mansion as he could see how their people and some of others clan's people which they assume armstrong's was already lifelessly laying with blood pooling on the ground.

"HOI!!" Billy shouts as with that, some of the men turned only to had a quick shoots on their body, and slowly fall down on the ground.

Bang bang!

Heng and billy look to each other and nod their head in unison.

"Im inside, you check on the backyard." Billy said which makes heng nod as both of them grip on the pistol much more tighter and their posture already turn to a 'police-army' like posture. Of course, they both trained by a professional shooter before and that's make they as good as the special forces army or polices.

Walking carefully and professionally inside the mansion, billy look around before one men coming to the right makes he quickly release his shoot, exactly on his right chest. He turn to the left quickly and that's when the two people from the upstairs coming makes he rolled his body and quickly shoots them.

Bang! Bang!

Straight to their stomach makes billy slightly scoffed and smirk.

Making sure that there is no one downstairs, there he is, running to the upstairs and searching each room, not meeting any person anymore. The mansion is all clean. But, when he open a room. Exactly a big room where likely becoming their usual meeting, there it is. A logo carved beautifully with a white paint on the ceramic floor, which makes billy furrowed his eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Billy? What's wrong?" A hand suddenly pat his shoulder which makes billy quickly turn and see heng. Billy quickly shook his head and close the door in rush. Heng somehow slightly furrowed his eyebrows when seeing his actions.

"A-ah nothing. Lets go. There's no those jerks anymore, right?" Billy tried to change the topic flusteredly.

"Yup. Its all clean. Its total 8 men of ours were dead tonight." Heng said which makes Billy nod and grab his shoulder, dragging him to walk downstairs and going back to the Chankimha's main mansion again.

"Alright. Lets go. Its all clean."

With heng driving the car going back to the mansion, Billy's mind was full with thoughts. His silence inside the car makes heng wonder even more. Something is wrong. Seriously, something is so wrong. Why billy seem so lose in his thoughts?

Stopping the car in front of the main gate of the chankimha's mansion, wanted to wait the guards open it, but in that moment, heng's eyebrows furrowed hardly when he saw a figure was sneaking behind a bushes beside the mansion.

Hneg cursed and quickly get out from the car, makes billy gasped and follow his action, look at him flusteredly.

"What-why? What happened?"

"Someone is sneaking beside the mansion. Act like you dont know and we have to grab him from behind." Heng said as he leave the car at the outside and slowly get inside the mansion compound, with billy somehow glancing to the side where heng is saying. Yes, its true. There is a man, wearing a black cap and also a black hoodie.

The two of them get inside the mansion compound first, before heng climb the backyard gate slowly and sneaking towards the figure from his back.

One,

Two,

And three!

Heng grasp for his neck from the back while billy quickly taking off the cap from the man's head roughly.

"Who the fuck are you jerk?!" Heng scoffed while billy's eyes already grow bigger, his heart thumping out loudly and his body froze on the spot. That's the same as the man too. The time and world likely to stop, staring onto each other with the most shock expression.

"Billy?"

"S-saint?"

Dup! Dap!Dup!Dap!

Heng stunned when hearing that billy knows him makes saint gulped hardly and grasp for heng's hand, slightly yank him but heng grab his hand, glancing to saint's wrist before saint quickly kick him on the stomach which makes heng stumbled backwards and groaning in pain. But, heng still could manage to saw those little 'A' logo on that man's wrist. Of course, its saints!

Saint running away as he glance to the back for a second which makes billy's breath become heavy. Gather his courage, slowly, he help heng to stand up again. But guess what? Heng push him roughly makes billy puzzled. He's shock.

"You have so many things to explain to me. Bastard." Heng groaned, lips curled in mad, and eyes seem full with hatred. Why billy know him? What is this? This all become a questions inside heng's mind. There, heng walk away while cleaning his clothes, leaving billy with a deep sigh. This is started to get complicated. Freen, rebecca, Heng, billy, and armstrong. Everything. Everything is complicated.