ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

The moon hung low in the sky, casting a soft, silver glow over everything in sight. The world was hushed, as if it had been put to sleep by the gentle light. Shadows stretched out across the ground, but they were not dark and foreboding. Instead, they were softened by the moon's luminous touch, turning even the most ordinary objects into things of beauty.

The air was cool and crisp, but not unpleasantly so. It felt as if the world had been given a fresh start, a chance to begin anew under the light of the moon. The trees rustled quietly in the breeze, their leaves shimmering like jewels in the moonlight. The stars, too, were out in full force, twinkling like tiny diamonds in the sky.

The room was filled with a dim yellow sleeping light, and there is a person that was laying lifelessly on the bed, with her forehead was covering with a small damp towel. She's having a fever, sleeping from the evening until now, late night.

While Rebecca was sitting on the couch that placed inside the room, as she was staring onto the sleeping woman with her worried eyes. So worried that her heart thumping out loud when the older whines and sobs in her sleep.

"Hiksss... m-mommy... da-daddy...." Once again, freen sobs in her sleep, whining, pouting and crying. This time, rebecca rush to her and slightly caressed her wet cheeks.

"Its okay, baby.." Rebecca mumbled slowly and softly, lightly stroking freen's hair and even take her hand, giving a peck on that rough cold hands. Rebecca started to wonder, her heart clenched seeing freen. Freen is hurting, and she knows, freen is trying to holding back those sadness but deep down in freen's heart, rebecca knows she hold a big sadness. A sadness that will never coming back to her again.

Freen is whining again, tears streaming down her cheeks and this is the first time rebecca saw freen in her miserable state. Freen is weak. And this is the first time she saw that.

"Shhhhh.... im here, baby, im here, freen. Shhh..." Rebecca whispered and even leaning to give freen a little peck on her nose, cheeks and last lips. She could felt freen's body was burning in fever.

Rebecca staring onto that pale face, as she wipe the tears away from freen's cheeks. Her heart beating against her ears and she know, this time, she can't lied to her own heart again. She is falling. She is falling in love with freen. Seriously.

"How can i fall for you, freen?"

"Did my dad really kill your parents freen?"

"What should i do? What should i do freen if its true? You will never accept me."

"And what really happened, freen? I don't understand."

Rebecca whispered slowly, as she was thinking about this much more deeper. Its something complicated. Something that she wish she can help freen to solve it but she can't. She's armstrong after all. Her father kill freen's parents. What if this all true? Will freen kill and destroy her? Will freen look at her again? And,

Will freen ever stares to her again?