rtte au

More bonding!! Let's go!!

It was late afternoon, a hunter had just spotted a pack of dragons heading north west. Everyone on deck was scrambling to get ready. Heather looked lost, she didn't know what to do, she hadn't been on a ship in years and never on one like this.

"You, stop twiddling your thumbs and get to work!"

"Do. Not. Talk to my sister like that."

Dagur growled from the other side of the deck glaring at Ryker. Alpheus glanced over before yelling.

"Heather!! Come give me a hand with this!"

Heather moved immediately, hoping to avoid Ryker's rage. When she got closer to her brothers she could hear Dagur's angry whispers.

"I'm going to rip him limb from limb, I swear to Odin."

"Brother, no."

Heather let out a sigh of relief. At least she could count on Alpheus to help keep their brother in line.

"Don't get your hands dirty. You have men don't you? Get one of them to do it."

Heather was starting to worry for her own sanity.

"And give someone else the satisfaction of watching the life drain out of his eyes, no thank you ill do it myself."

"Alright then, give me a hand with this would you?"

It didn't take the trio very long to get it all set up, Dagur and Alpheus did most of the work Heather still wasn't entirely sure what she was supposed to be doing, or what this device even was. Now that they were finished the trio got to talking.

"So, Dagur?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you we working with the dragon hunters? You obviously don't get along well with them."

Dagur's face softened slightly.

"I know, they're awful. Don't worry sister, we only need to stay with them a little longer, then we'll be rid of this-"

Dagur glanced at the crew and growled.

"Retched crew."

Heather stared blankly at Dagur for a few seconds before looking around. They were berkers on board but the hunters still outnumbered all of then three to one. Even with her dragon those weren't good odds. Dagur had to know that right?

"ARCHERS INTO POSITION!!"

Ryker screamed. His men raced to their positions. Alpheus loaded his contraption and began to aim it.

"What is that supposed to do?"

"You'll see." 

Alpheus smiled.

"Ready for your signal Ryker."

"Hold."

The ship edged closer to the unsuspecting dragons.

"Hold..... NOW!!"

Alpheus pulled the trigger and a cannister shot into the air, then it exploded. A green gas spilled out into the air. A few seconds later the dragons lost control and crashed either into the sea or the ship. Ryker nodded in approval. Only two dragons escaped the gas, the archers made short work of them.

"Very good, this will come in very handy."

Alpheus frowned slightly. One of the bow cords used to fire the canister was beginning to fray.

"Not good enough, it should have got them all, the angle was all off and look at this it's already starting to fray."

Alpheus sighed.