Chapter 16 Reading And Busy Days

I woke up at half five and I was wide awake, I had no hope in hell of falling back asleep. I looked over at Smith and he was still fast asleep so I got up carefully and quietly. I went to the bathroom and then sat up in bed, the wardrobe was slightly open and I could see the shoe box in the top of the wardrobe.

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked I the box. There were pictures of Lewis, Hannah and I at Lewis' birthday party and pictures of me and the lads dressed up as wizards. I rummaged through and the letter Smith left me was at the bottom, I pulled it out and unfolded it and began to read it.

Abbey,

I don't really know how I can tell you this in a way that doesn't make me look like a selfish dick. You have been more than my world ever since you walked in that room, you changed me, my life and my future all or the better. I would never do anything to hurt you or make you sad, but lately I don't know where my head is and I am worried if I stay that's exactly what I will do. I can't tell you where I am going because I don't know where I am going. I can't tell you when I will be back because I don't know that either all I can tell you is that I love you and I want you to know that. I fear that if I stay that I will not be who you need. I am confident that you have enough people around you that care about you that will keep you safe. You need someone as strong as you and I can't give you that. That is why I have to do this, I don't want to but I feel I would be letting you down more if I was to stay and put on some fake act pretending that I could keep you safe and happy. I want you to remember that I love you. No matter what happens.

Alex

I looked over my shoulder at the sleeping Smith and smiled before folding the letter back up and putting it in the box. I slid the box under the bed and crawled back into bed under the covers and put an arm around Smith. 'You ok honey?' He uttered still half asleep, I nodded and he rolled over to face me, 'another nightmare?' he asked with his eyes open now I shook my head and held his hand with both of mine. 'I love you.' I whispered to him and he brushed my hair back 'I love you too.' He said kissing me quickly and we fell back asleep.

***

Unsurprisingly Smith and I slept in late after being awake early this morning and we were woken up by Ross banging on the door. 'Guys, we are leaving in half an hour, wake up!' He shouted through the door. Smith rolled over to face me and we said good morning to each other , 'Guys are you awake?' Ross shouted again. 'Bloody hell.' I said rolling away from Smith and sitting on the edge of the bed before going over to the door and opening it. 'We are up, be down in ten.' I told him and he smiled at me before going down stairs and I shut the door again. Smith was sat on the side of the bed already getting changed, 'so what was with you this morning?' Smith asked putting a shirt on. 'Nothing just woke up.' I told him and he carried on getting changed.

We made it downstairs just as the others were leaving for work, Katie was walking in with us since she had to drop something off to Hannah. Smith and I walked behind with Katie and Kim, it was funny watching him try to take smaller steps, he almost tripped twice. 'Hannah and Lewis' wedding is next week right?' Smith asked since that's what us girls were talking about. 'Yep a week today, and you lads are going for your stag do mischief this weekend.' I told Smith feeling like his personal diary.

We made it to the office and Katie went to Hannah's office, Kim went into Duncan's office and we went into ours. 'Ok we are recording something for the main channel in ten minutes for two hours, then we are recording GTA with Turps and Sips for Stunt Lads then we are going to try to edit the stuff for tonight.' Ross told us as we all set up for the day. 'Ok so we have ten minutes. Who wants a drink?' I asked and they all told me what they wanted. 'I will come help you.' Smith said standing up. 'I don't know if that's a good idea Clubby.' I said looking at his hand that was still bandaged up.

I was making everyone tea in the kitchen and Lewis came in, 'Good morning.' He said looking in the over head cupboard, 'You getting nervous yet?' I asked him referring to the wedding. 'Defiantly, but I don't know whether I am more nervous about getting married or the stag do that the guys are doing.' I chuckled, 'Yeah you're on your own there.' I said picking up the tray for the guys and leaving the room.

When I got back Smith was sat at my desk logging me on, 'tea is up lads.' I said putting the tray down on the desk and handing Smith his cup before giving the other theirs. I gave Trott his first then I gave Ross his and went to sit back at my desk ready to record. We did another challenge type map on Minecraft and there were multiple teams in a capture the flag type thing which we came third, also known as second to last. It was fun though, we were on a team, Lewis, Simon and Duncan were on a team. Kim, Hannah and Turps were on another and then there was Sips, Sjin and Strippin on the other. Sips' team came last, we, like I said, cam third, Lewis' team came second and Kim's team came first.

We all hung around on vent for maybe fifteen minutes before we had to go off along with Turps and Sips to record some GTA. We just messed around for two hours on GTA, flying and racing but mostly betraying each other.

Once we had finished recording lunch had been and passed and Sips went off to live stream. 'I am doing a drinks run who wants what?' Ross said standing up from the desk. 'I will come with, need to stretch my legs.' I told him standing up and following him out of the room.

We walked down the corridor past the offices of people working, 'are you looking forward to this weekend?' I asked Ross as we walked he nodded, 'What are you lot doing?' I asked him and he looked at me, 'Come on I just want to know what to expect when you all get in, drunken mess or something else.' I asked standing in the doorway of the kitchen. 'We are going to where Smith plays air soft to shoot some guns and then we are going to a pub I believe.' He told me walst he was filling the kettle. 'Alright, you guys just be careful, the history of you guys drinking hasn't been exactly clean.' He nodded and told me he would make sure they were careful handing me two mugs.

When we got back Smith and Trott were sat on the sofa talking, I handed Trott his mug and sat on my desk walst we ran through what we were doing for the rest of the day. Turns out I had a few thumbnails to do for the videos going out tonight and do some emails for trailers that the guys had to work on as well as editing. To put it simply we were going to be here for a while.

We finally finished up around eleven and even then we weren't really finished, I had finished around seven but I did whatever I could like get drinks or whatever. Kim came and picked us up and when we got in Katie had ordered pizza for us and as soon as I had finished mine I went upstairs to bed after a very busy day.

**AUTHORS NOTE**

As promised the letter that Smith had left, i tried to make it part of the story as much as i could hope i did all right :-).

Abs