Chapter 81 Christmas eve eve and shorts

It was Christmas eve, eve, and the house was decorated with lights and the biggest Christmas tree we could find. I had finished all my Christmas shopping and the office was closed up for Christmas. Ross and Kim were packing all of Ross' stuff up ready for him to go back to Swindon and Katie and Trott had gone up to Scotland. Smith and I were sat on the sofa with his arm around me and watching the grinch on the tv. 'Who is worse Scrooge or the grinch?' Smith asked me. 'Scrooge.' I said and he looked at me. 'What? No the grinch has to be worse.' he said and I sat up, 'Scrooge is a mean, horrible man who saw ghosts.' I said and Smith said that the grinch was a thief. 'Let's just say they are both arse holes.' I said and Smith chuckled and kissed the top of my head.

Ross and Kim came down around half eight very happy and jolly. 'That's me all packed up.' he said with Kim following him in, 'You would think he was moving back in.' Kim said sitting the sofa next to me. 'You can talk. Remember when you came to stay and you had six suitcases.' Ross said sitting next to Kim, 'most of that was from my holiday that I had just come off of.' Kim retaliated, 'Mummy and Daddy are fighting again.' I said joking around. Smith chuckled and Kim just rolled her eyes, 'what time you heading out?' I asked Ross, 'going to leave here around eight.' he told me. 'Yeah and will be off by half eight.' Kim said and I looked at her, 'You staying over night?' I asked her and she nodded, 'if that's alright with you two?' she said and I nodded. 'Of course, it's technically your house too. Do you need anything?' I asked and she shook her head, 'no I have everything.' she told me and I nodded. We all watched the tv for a while in silence. Before Smith suggested dinner and we all decided go to get a pizza since it would be quick.

I nudged Smith awake so that we could go to bed. 'Hey.' he said rubbing his eyes, 'you alright?' he asked and I nodded, 'come on let's go to bed I said getting up holding a hand out. 'sounds like a plan.' Kim and Ross were now in the sitting room with the partition across, I looked through and Kim was asleep with her head on Ross' lap and he was just stroking her hair looking out into the garden through the doors with the glow of the tv lighting the room. I smiled at the sight, 'I am glad they worked it out.' Smith said noticing me looking at them. 'Yeah me too.' I said turning to face Smith. 'Come on, Santa is still watching, not too late for all your presents to go back. You need to be a good girl and go to sleep' he teased with an arm around me, 'I am always a good girl.' I said as we walked up stairs. 'Most of the time.' Smith said as I reached the top, 'oh really?' I said and he shrugged his shoulders, he was two steps below me so we were pretty much eye level with each other. 'I can think of a couple of times where you qualify for the naughty list.' he smirked. I rolled my eyes, and walked to the bedroom. 'Abbey?' he said and I sighed and turned around, 'Yes Alex?' I said and he smiled at me, 'I love you, You know?' he said and I smiled at him, 'it has been said a few times.'

I walked into the room and Smith followed me in closing the door behind me, 'you know you are like a completely different person now he has been dealt with.' I looked at him. 'Way to kill the mood.' I said taking off my shirt and picking up my vest top from the bed. 'What mood?' he asked before carrying on. 'Did he say anything in the house before Ross and I got there? That's why you went right? To get some answers?' I looked at him, I was still trying to get changed and was currently stood in my vest top and pants. 'He said a bunch of stuff.' I was remembering what he had said about my mum and how she was close. 'Stuff about mum but I don't want to talk about it now.' I told him, he was now just stood with his pj joggers on without his top. 'Ok, yeah sorry just wandered.' he apologized and I smiled at him. I looked around the floor, 'You seen my shorts?' I asked him and he smiled at me, 'these?' he asked with a cheeky smile producing my shorts from behind his back. 'Am I going to have go come and get them?' I asked with my hands on my hips. 'Maybe.' he said with the cheeky smile still on his face. I walked around to his side of the bed until we were within a foot and a half of each other. 'Can I have my shorts?' I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. 'Don't know.' he held them above his head, 'can you.' I climbed on the bed and reached up but he stood on tiptoes and they were still out of reach. I tried to stand on tiptoes but on a bed this is very difficult and i lost my balance and grabbed on to whatever was closest. AKA Smith. We both somehow managed to fall into the bed, he almost landed on top of me but landed instead next to me and we both were laying looking up at the ceiling laughing. I reached over the top of him our noses almost touching and grabbed my shorts. 'I believe these are mine.' I whispered and he smiled and kissed me.