Chapter 51 Team Names and Uni Days

We all went back to our hotel rooms after the signing finished at five. We had two hours until we could go to the quiz. Smith was laying on the bed watching the TV walst I was trying to sort out our bag of clothes. 'Why are you doing that now?' he asked me as I was folding up shirts and putting them back into the bag. 'Because then we won't have to do it in a hurry when we leave.' I told him zipping up the bag. 'How you feeling?' he asked as I stood up, 'good.' I said and perched on the end of the bed. 'Are you sure?' he asked turning the TV off and sitting up. 'Yeah, I am, just had a little spill its fine stop worrying.' I said smiling at him, 'I love you more than anything in the world, it's hard not to worry about you.' He said shuffling over the bed and sat next to me. He put his arm around me and I leant my head on him, I closed my eyes and smiled but I was made jump by the knock on the door. Smith and I inhaled deeply and he stood up and walked over to answer the door. 'Hey is Abbey with you?' I heard Hannah say, 'Yeah I am here.' I said walking over to the door, 'What's up?' I asked putting an arm around Smith and holding onto one of his belt loops on his trousers with my finger. 'I was just wandering how you were feeling.' She asked and I nodded, 'Oh and teams for the pub quiz.' She said and pulled out her phone from her pocket, 'you two are on a team with Ross, Trott, Katie, Turps, Sips and Lewis and I.' She listed, 'and I believe we are called Fucku Shitu.' She said and I chuckled, 'see in you a bit.' She said and she walked off and Smith and I closed the door. 'I am looking forward to a time where I don't have to be checked up on every five minutes.' I said walking and sitting back on the bed. 'Everyone cares about you; you worried all of us when you had your tumble.' He said walking towards me with his hands in his pockets, 'It probably won't end any time soon.' He told me, 'Now come on we need to get ready to go, only half an hour until the crazy starts.'

We all headed out as a mass group to the massive blue tent where there were seas of circular tables. We claimed to tables next to each other and that were at the side, they each had a sign on that said Yogscast. I sat down next to Smith and Katie sat the other side, 'so what's the deal here?' I asked leaning over to Smith. 'What do you mean?' he looked confused, 'am I your girlfriend or not for this?' I asked and he clicked on, 'Just be careful, and have fun.' He said and I nodded. There were at lease twenty beers in the centre of the table and then there was also a full bar as well set up by the stage. I was talking to Katie when Syndicate came over and spoke to some of the guys, 'Who's this then?' Tom asked, Smith put his hand on my shoulder, 'Abbey, she's part of the group now, she makes videos with us primarily.' Smith started, 'and is my better half.' Smith said looking at me, 'Nice to meet you, I hope you are having a good time.' He said and I nodded he went back to talking to Lewis and Turps and I went back to talking to Katie.

The music became louder and more intense, everyone cheered and the lights went out for a second before focusing on the stage. 'What's going on?' I asked tapping Smith on the shoulder. 'It begins.' He said. Two guys were on stage and they were going through rules and gearing up the crowds. 'First category games from the 90's.' One of them said and a question appeared on the screen behind them. Smith and Trott bickered between themselves for almost every question and Katie, Hannah and I would just laugh at how serious they were taking it.

The quiz was over and both Yog Teams were feeling pretty confident with all of our answers. I was told walst the points were being counted it was now pretty much a big party the music came back three times louder and some people started dancing. The amount of beer in the middle of the table had decreased by a large margin so everyone was pretty sloshed, including me. Katie, Hannah and I were singing with each other to pretty much every song whether we knew the words or not. The lads were all being lads and messing around, I think they were having their own little boat race with Syndicate over on the other table. But everyone stopped, no Yog moved as the next song played. The first cords were played and we all looked at each other until the first words were sung. Smith, Sips and Turps all jumped onto chairs and sung as loud as they could Bahamian Rhapsody with us all stood up singing along too.

Once the song was over I sat back on my chair and drank the rest of what was left in my bottle before putting it back on the table. 'You look happy.' Ross said plonking himself next to me holding his bottle in his hand. 'I think it's safe to say I am.' I told him folding my arms. 'And you? Are you happy Mr. Hornby?' I asked my words slurring slightly. He nodded and drank some more of his beer. 'That's good.' I mumbled, 'What's going on?' Smith said sitting the other side of me. 'We are happy.' I told him and he chuckled, 'I am glad to hear, how much have you had to drink?' He said picking up a bottle and looking at it. 'Only...' I started and he rolled his eyes, 'take it easy, after the scores I think we need to get you back.' He said standing up. 'You're no fun.' I said looking up at him smiling like an idiot. 'No more, Ross keep an eye on her please.' Smith said walking away tapping Ross on the shoulder.

Ross and I were talking but mostly laughing at the smallest of things, me because I had maybe had one too many and him because I think her was genuinely having a good time. He was talking about his Uni days and his voice kept going. I couldn't tell whether it was the music or my hearing screwing up. 'Abbey? Hey?' he said putting his hand on my shoulder. 'Yeah I am fine, I think I just need to go and lay down.' I said slowly getting up, 'I will come with you, slowly.' He said holding my arm helping me up.

Ross and I finally got out of the tent and the freezing air hit us and took my breath away, my teeth started chattering and I shivered. Ross looked at me and took his hoodie off over his head and put it around my shoulders. 'Let's get you inside.' He said.

We made it back to the hotel and I fumbled around with my pockets until I found the key to the door. I unlocked it and it swung open and I walked in and Ross followed. 'How you feeling?' He asked as I sat on the edge of the bed. 'Better, fresh air helped, I shouldn't have drunk anything. Bad idea I think.' I told him, he was leant on the wall with his arms crossed. 'yeah maybe not, not after you tumble.' He told me and I nodded. 'Did you tell Smith that we left?' He asked and I shook my head. 'Oh shit, you better otherwise he is going to be pissed.' Ross said standing up straight away from the wall. 'Can you do it?' I asked him holding out my phone. He walked over and took my phone and sat on the bed next to me and texted Smith. 'There you go, do you want me to wait for you or will you be alright by yourself?' he asked. 'Can you wait?'