Chapter 12 Late Night and Girl Chit Chat

Kim, Hannah and I were chatting about what she wanted to do for her hen do thing but she didn't really want to do anything extravagant, she just wanted to have a girls night and hang out which was easy enough to do. We were sat on the floor in a sort of circle when the lads came back looking cheerful. 'Oh look we have stumbled across a mothers meeting.' Smith said stopping by his desk. 'Well you were having your mothers meeting in the common room we had nowhere to go.' Hannah said standing up as did Kim and I after her. 'Right then we are recording Minecraft now aren't we?' Kim hinted at we all agreed and they left the room. 'So have you got plans for the stag do then?' I asked the guys. 'Yeah and we all got ties.' Ross said holding his up, they were the same blue as the sash on Hannah's dress.

We recorded some Minecraft multiplayer map and were split into teams and had a series of challenges that we had to complete like collecting a certain amount of wheat and a logo type thing that Trott painted on MS Paint which was interesting. But compeered to everyone else's... scratch that compeered to Duncan, Hannah and Kim's ours was pretty crappy.

This recording session went on for a while since we needed to get a back log up for when Hannah and Lewis' wedding came around when there wouldn't be any recording going on for about a week. So by around half five we were done with Minecraft and still had to finish editing and uploading before we could go home. I did what I could but it wasn't much since I hadn't really got a handle on editing yet even though Ross had given me a few crash courses. I just kept fuelling the lads with coffee and tea and Kim was using the opportunity to finish up some stuff.

We were still at the office at seven, we were the only people in with Kim as well, and she had been lying on the sofa for the last hour, and the episode that was meant to go up tonight was giving Ross some trouble with rendering. Smith and Trott were partially monitoring Social media calming the viewers and partially trying to edit some other stuff. 'You girls can go home. You don't need to be here.' Ross suggested. 'Are you sure?' Kim asked him putting her phone down. 'Well you aren't doing anything here and I don't know how long we are going to be.' Smith chipped in. 'Ok but don't be too long, when you are done call and I will come and pick you up since it will be dark soon.' Kim said before giving Ross a kiss and I did the same to Smith. 'Don't work to hard honey.' I said running my fingers though his hair. He smiled at me and kissed me again and I followed Kim out of the room grabbing my stuff as I did so.

Kim and I walked home in around half an hour, the sky was a very strange orange sky where the sun was setting and some of the clouds had a slight pink tinge to them. It was still warm enough to walk around in a t-shirt.

When we got in Katie was just coming down the stairs, we told her the lads were working late and we had come home. She looked a little disappointed then she smiled at us, 'Should we have some dinner girls? There are plenty of leftovers.' So we ate leftovers, each of us checking our phones every now and then since it was past eight and they hadn't called yet. We were sat in a fairly awkward tense silence and I tried to think of a conversation but the only thing I could think of was the conversation Smith and I were having in the kitchen at the office. That would have to do. 'You know the guys know we talk to each other about them.' Kim put her fork down and Katie looked across the table at me. 'What do you mean, like what we say about them about...' Kim hinted at and I nodded. 'Oh dear.' Katie sniggered, 'It's not like we compare notes on everything , just something's.' There was another silence. 'So when was the last time?' Katie bluntly said. Kim and I looked at each other. 'Come on, I will tell you if you tell me.' We were all giggling like school girls, 'You go first.' I gestured towards Kim, 'Ok don't laugh, but we haven't done it yet.' I looked at her, it wasn't what I was expecting. 'We are waiting for the right time and we don't want to rush things.' Katie and I were as surprised as each other. 'Alright then miss when was the last time you did it?' Katie asked me and I sniggered and thought, 'Saturday it think.' I told them and they giggled more which I joined in with. 'I didn't think that you had yet.' Kim said all innocent. 'Really? Did you see them Sunday morning they did that smirky look at each other at ?' I looked at her, 'It's not that obvious... Is it?' and Katie and Kim just giggled more but we were interrupted by Kim's phone ringing.

'Hello.' She said slightly breathless. 'Yeah I am fine we have just been chatting.' She spoke to Ross as Katie and I cleared away in the kitchen. 'You didn't tell us about you. You said you would tell us if we told you.' She shrugged her shoulders, 'last week sometime.' She said filling the dishwasher. 'It obviously wasn't memorable.' I told her and she just giggled more. 'I am going to pick the lads up.' She said picking her keys up from the table, 'I will come with.' I said and followed her out of the door.

We drove still giggling at the smallest things, it was pitch dark now other than the street lights and headlights of cars. We pulled up at the office and the guys were stood by the front door of the office under a light mounted to the side of the building. I made the window come down, 'You lads look like you need a ride.' Smith walked over, 'I was always told never to get in the car with strangers.' I sighed, 'Well if you don't get in you can't get home and if you can't get home you can't eat.' I was going to carry on but he got in the back and the other guys got in as well and we drove home.

When we got back the guys were eating leftovers like we had in the dining room and us girls were sat in the living room chatting again but a bit more tame now and Katie was complaining about her job and how she hated it. 'Well just get a new one, it's not like you have to work with us all living together, you could do whatever you wanted, do your jewellery making.' Kim suggested and I agreed, 'I might do, but not now.' Ross and Trott walked in and sat on the sofa. 'Where is Smith?' I asked and I turned out that he had gone upstairs.

I went up into our room and Smith was in the bath room I could hear him singing 'Let her go' and I sat in the middle of the bed and listened. When he came out he smiled at me, 'Can you play that on guitar yet?' I asked him, 'Well almost.' I leant over to his side of the room and picked up his guitar as he was looking though the wardrobe. 'Play for me.' I asked him and he looked over his shoulder then back in the wardrobe. 'Not now, I am too tired.' I knelt up and made my way to the end of the bed so I was closer to him. 'Pretty please.' I pleaded and he turned around and looked at me and smiled. 'Ok one time.' He said, I turned around and sat down and he sat at the head of the bed and picked up his guitar. 'What do you want me to play?' He asked and I told him let her go and he started strumming and playing. He sung and swayed as he sung and I watched and I could feel my heart beating in my chest and my whole body felt lighter. He finished and looked up at me, 'Good enough?' He asked and I smiled at him. 'Perfect.' I whispered.