Chapter 84 Lonely Homes and Snow

Authors note
Hey peoples, I will be uploading 3 chapters today and then the regular schedule will return tomorrow, I know the last chapter didn't reach 1o votes but it did get more than normal. I know this might not seem like a lot but it encourages me to write more and generally makes me happier.

Abs

We sat on the sofa until the sun was getting low in the sky so it must have been around three o'clock. 'We better be heading off soon.' Smith said and I nodded, 'thank you.' I said, 'for what?' he questioned, 'everything, today has been.... I don't know, you have been so happy and hearing about your family was just so warming. I feel like I was part of it.' I told him and he chuckled, 'you are apart of it, the most important part of it if you ask me.' he said and I kissed him. 'You soppy bugger.' I said and he chuckled again, 'says you.' we both chuckled.

We waited for a little while before we finally decided to go. We turned all the lights off and the house felt cold and lonely again, I stepped out the front door and waited for Smith. He stood in the doorway looking into the dim house, I didn't hear what He mumbled but he locked up and unlocked the car.

We drove listening to the radio and occasionally humming along to the odd song. I shivered at the cold as we stopped at the traffic lights coming back into Bristol. 'You cold?' he asked, I was curled up on the seat with my head leaning on my hand, 'no I'm fine just a shiver.' I said half asleep. I looked out the window at all the Christmas lights in apartment buildings and I felt warmth on my legs. Smith had taken off his hoodie and placed it over me, 'aren't you cold?' I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders, 'we are almost home.' he said and drove on.

I fell asleep in the car the rest of the way and as we pulled up at the house I woke up and Smith turned off the engine. The house was dark and there were no cars on the drive other than us. 'Come on you, let's go warm up.' he said opening his door.

We turned the lights on as we walked in, took off our shoes and I went through to the living room leaving Smith in the hall. I turned the lamp on in the sitting room creating a very warm glow which made me feel warmer already. 'I Don't know what we have in to eat.' He said leaning in the doorway, 'Let me have a look.' I said and we both went to look what we could find to eat. We didn't have much in since everyone was pretty much away and tomorrow we were going to Hannah and Lewis' for dinner but we had the whole day to ourselves.

We looks through cupboards and managed to concoct pasta bake and I even found some hot chocolate but I was going to surprise Smith with it after what he had told me about today I thought it would be nice. We sat in the living room watching the Muppets Christmas Carol with our steaming bowls of pasta bake. We sat at either end of the sofa with our legs crossing over each other.

We finished our pasta and I took Smith's bowl, 'you want a drink?' I asked him and he nodded putting his hands behind his head. I heated up some milk in a saucepan before adding the hot chocolate and splitting it into two mugs. I carried the mugs into the living room and handed Smith his mug. 'Does this one have anything written on it?' he asked and I smiled shaking my head. He held it up to his mouth and looked at it before sniffing it again. 'What is this?' he asked, 'hot chocolate.' I said holding my mug with both hands. He smiled at me before sipping on it, 'you are the best girlfriend in the whole wide world.' be said and I smiled. 'I try.'

We finished our hot chocolate and we were looking for something else to watch on the tv i adjusted myself looking out the window into the garden. 'Alex look, look outside.' l said kneeling up on the sofa he looked around, 'holy shit.' he knelt up too looking out the window. 'Come on.' I said getting up off the sofa and going to the doors and running outside.

I stood looking up into the very dark very grey sky with the little snowflakes kissing my cheek and falling on me. I held my arms out and closed my eyes for a second. 'I wasn't e expecting this.'Smith said stepping outside. 'It's beautiful.' I said opening you eyes and turning to him. 'We might have a white Christmas after all.'