Chapter 71 Surprises and Joy

We walked the whole way around the park until around half five when we started heading back to the house. When we got in it was completely empty, the dogs had been at Ross' parents for a while now since they had moved house and had a bigger back garden for them to run around in and Ross' brother was missing them. 'Come on let's go an get changed.' He said, 'I will take you out for dinner.' He said and I got excited and we both went upstairs to get changed.I Wore some of my less scruffy black skinny jeans and a red flannel shirt with my new Ironman converse from Turps. Smith was wearing a burgundy button up shirt along with dark jeans and black shoes. 'Ready?' he asked and I nodded picking up my hoodie again and we walked down stairs and got into the car.

We drove towards the office and pulled in, 'I am just going to let the guys know that we are going out, you coming?' he asked and I nodded and followed him into the office. Most of the office lights were off, 'our lights off they must be in the common room.' Smith said coming up from our office.I Opened the door to the common room and almost hit the roof when everyone shouted 'SURPRISE!'I Cupped my hands and covered my mouth and nose, 'whoa.' Was the only word I managed to get out, Hannah ran up to me and hugged me. The whole common room was decorated with banners and balloons, Sam was up in his little DJ booth on the corner. 'You guys are good.'I Said with Smith stood behind me with his hands on my shoulders. Hannah and Lewis walked over to me and hugged me and wished me a happy birthday, this was my present from them. Sam started the music and Smith and I walked further into the room. 'What do you think?' Ross asked walking over to Smith and I, 'This is awesome.'I Said.I Felt someone tap me on my shoulder and when I turned around Sips was stood there next to Turps. 'Hey, what are you doing here?'I Asked and he chuckled, 'nice to see you too. Lewis invited us.' He said and I looked at him, 'We had to set up a little kiddie area in Hannah's office for Maddy, Austin and Rosie.' Turps explained and I nodded. 'Yeah Becky and Jodie are in there now.' Sips told me. 'Thanks for coming.'I said and he told me no problem.

Smith and I greeted everyone that had come, most of the editing staff were her and all of the in house content creators along with Fiona and Zoe who I hadn't seen since the wedding. Smith, Ross, Sips, Turps and I were all stood in the corner with a beer in hand talking and laughing.I Managed to break away from them and walked over to Hannah who was talking to Kim, 'oh I have your present in my office for you.' Kim said and I thanked her and we agreed that it was probably best to open it tomorrow. 'Have you seen Ross?' Kim asked me and I pointed over in the corner where he was still talking to Sips and Turps but Smith had gone somewhere. 'Oh my god I love this song.' Hannah said as Trouble by Iggy Azalea started playing and she sung along not missing a single word,I Managed to get a hang of the chorus and we were both jumping and singing.

After I had finished my beer I decided I was going to see Becky and Jodie in Hannah's office. When I walked in Becky was holding Maddy. Austin and Rosie were sat on the floor playing. 'Look who it is Austin.' Becky said leaning over and tapping Austin on the shoulder and pointing at me. He turned around and smiled at me standing up and running over to me. 'Hello you.'I Said picking him up, 'goodness me you are getting big.'I Said sitting on the little mini sofa next to Jodie. 'Yeah I'm big boy now.' He said and I chuckled, 'Austin what do you have to say to Abbey?' Becky hinted. 'Happy Birthday.' He said, 'Aww thanks little man.' Before long he hopped off my lap and continued to play with the jumbo Lego with Rosie. 'Mark told me all about what happened to you.I Am so sorry love.' Jodie said and I thanked her. 'Yeah that must be awful.' Becky said and I told them I was fine. 'Did you want kids?' Jodie asked and I nodded. 'Well I've got some you can borrow.' Becky said lifting Maddy up burping her and I chuckled. The door opened and Smith walked in, 'what's going on in here?' he acted surprised and had a higher pitched voice than normal. 'Austin do you remember Alex?' Becky asked Austin and Austin nodded slowly not really knowing what to do looking up at Smith. 'We played piggy in the middle didn't we.' Smith said kneeling down and Austin nodded.I Was Talking to Becky whilst I held Maddy, but I was mostly just watching Smith play with the kids and smiling every time Rosie knocked his tower down and she would erupt into laughter.

Smith and I left the room and went back to the common room and pretty much everyone was dancing and singing/shouting to Journey's don't stop believing. Smith and I joined in walst manoeuvring through people to get to Sips who was with Trott.

As the evening went on everyone got sillier and sillier.I Was currently refereeing an arm wrestle between Turps and Smith and Smith won eventually and I cheered along with everyone else. Smith stood up and I hugged him and he hugged me back with one arm in the air. 'I will get you one day.' Turps slurred, 'Yeah I doubt it.' Smith said with his hand now on Turps shoulder. We had decided that we weren't going to drink too much I think since I would like to remember my first proper birthday in a while. Smith disappeared momentarily so I was left with a very tipsy Trott, Turps and Sips.I Managed to break away from them and went over to Ross who was talking to Duncan and Kim. 'You guys alright?'I Asked with Ross bending down slightly to hear what I was saying. 'Yeah we are good.' He shouted over the music, his words slurred slightly. 'Take it easy.'I Said putting my hand on his shoulder. We were interrupted my Smith's voice and the music turning quieter. 'Alright you lot calm down a for a second.' He said to the various shouts which I'm pretty sure were coming from Sips' and Turps' direction. 'Thanks for coming tonight to celebrate Abbey's birthday.I Can't thank you all enough for the welcome you all gave her.'I Heard some music start playing very softly in the background and it was slowly getting louder. 'I don't think I'm the only one that is thankful that Abbey is in my life which is why we are all here tonight.' Smith said before slightly readjusting himself and the music got louder.I Recognised the song now I could hear it, it was Ed Sheeran's Photograph, we listened to that song on repeat whenever it was just us in the car or if I couldn't sleep we would each have a headphone and I would listen to him hum until I fell asleep. He didn't take his eyes off of me for the whole song,I Felt a tear race down my face but for once in my life, they were tears of joy.