Chapter 8 Sun Cream and Family

I woke up around six and no one else was awake and Smith was back next to me, I had missed waking up next to him. I nudged him awake and he eventually groaned, 'I think you should go back to the other room. Just in case.' I explained my reasoning, to us it felt like all of a sudden everything was alright and I don't know how other people would take it. I thought it would just be safer so that we could ease the idea in rather than hitting everyone with it right off. He agreed and swung his legs over the edge of the bed and sat up. 'It's a smart move. I have only just got back, we understand but some might not. You are a smart girl.' He said ruffling my hair. 'Hey' I said brushing it out of my face. 'Abbey. It couldn't look much worse.' He joked and I picked up is pillow and playfully hit him with it. 'You are such a hypocrite.' I said rolling onto my back. 'Well messy hair is the perfect complement to this ugly mug.' He said and I chuckled, 'no comment' I said before he left the room closing the door quietly behind him. I laid looking up at the ceiling smiling to myself glad that everything had sorted it's self out.

I drifted in and out of sleep until Kim came in telling me breakfast was on the table. I got out of bed and got changed, I wore the denim shorts that Smith brought me a while back and a marvel t-shirt that had the logo on it and my old black converse. When I came down everyone was sat around the table eating breakfast. Everyone was changed other than Ross and Trott who were still in their PJ's. 'Well then what is everyone doing today?' I asked after saying good morning to everyone and sitting next Katie opposite Smith. 'Well we are going to see my parents today.' Kim said with no enthusiasm. 'I am sure it will be fine, Ross' family loved you I am sure your family will love Ross.' Katie reassured them. 'What are you up to then?' I asked Katie. 'Well I need to go to the shops to get some more stuff to finish some jewellery and Trott needs some more paint for his War hammer so we will do that.' Trott nodded. 'What are you doing?' Ross asked me and I shrugged my shoulders, 'I don't have any plans.' I told them and Smith's response was the same.

After breakfast people started splitting off doing different things. Ross and Kim had left to see her parents and Katie and Trott were in the living room. I was in the kitchen clearing up a bit before I went upstairs into the attic and logged onto my PC. 'I have never seen a computer with so much dust on it.' Smith said coming up stairs a while after I had. He sat at his desk and started blowing off some of the dust from his computer. 'Yeah I didn't touch it, hell I didn't take an old glass from your desk till last week.' I said feeling slightly stupid. 'I can understand.' He said sitting down. 'Do you think anyone knows?' He asked and I shook my head, 'No they are all clueless.' I told him. 'Who's clueless?' Trott asked coming up the stairs. 'Nothing mate just talking.' Smith covered. 'Well that's a step forward I guess, Katie and I are heading out is there anything you guys need?' We said no. 'Alright, we'll try not to kill each other walst we are gone.' He joked walking back down stairs. Once we heard the door close we simultaneously breathed out, I looked at Smith and we laughed. 'That was close.' I told him. 'Too close. How long are we going to have to do this?' I turned in my chair to face him. 'Just let me talk to Hannah and or Lewis. See where they stand. I don't want to just surprise them with it. They helped alot and I feel they have a right.' He agreed. 'Alright, I can do that. It's nice outside, fancy hanging out in the garden?' I thought about it for a second. 'Sure why not.'

Smith and I got a couple of chairs and a small table to put between us. We sat outside in the sun with hardly a cloud in the sky. Smith had got a couple of beers and we just hung out talking and fixing what had been broken and bonding again. We would occasionally throw a ball for the dogs but it was very warm so they gave up after a couple of times. 'Do you burn or do you tan?' Smith asked me referring to sunburn. 'Bit of both. How about you.' I asked and he looked at me. 'I burn, I look like a lobster after a little while.' He told me and I couldn't help but giggle a little before getting up. 'Where are you going?' He asked and I went inside and returned with sun cream in hand. 'What's that?' He asked I told him and handed it to him. 'Nobody wants' to go out with a lobster.' I told him and he took it and I sat back down putting my sun glasses back on.

We remained sat outside until around one since it was now too hot to sit outside. We sat in the sitting room with the doors open to allow a little breeze in and the dogs were passed out in the hall way. The door opened and Trott and Katie came home, I stood up and met them in the dining room. 'You get everything you needed?' I asked and Trott nodded, 'And some.' He said putting a fist full of bags on the dining room table. 'How are you and Smith? Everything good with you two?' Katie asked rustling through the bags. 'Yeah we are good. We are talking and on the road to hopefully fixing things.' She smiled. 'I think that's what you both want. The sooner the better but don't rush things take it at your pace.' She told me and I nodded.

I left Katie and Trott and went back through to the living room where Smith was laying on the sofa. 'Are you comfortable?' I asked him and he nodded. 'I am bored, what do you want to do?' I asked him and he sat up. 'I don't know.' I thought about it for a second then a perfect idea came to mind. 'Come with me' I told him turning and going upstairs.

I went up to the attic and turned on my computer and Smith came up after. 'What are we playing?' He asked, 'nothing.' My computer loaded up and I logged onto YouTube and went onto the main channel. Smith scooted his chair over next to mine, 'Which episode did we get up to?' I asked him and he smiled. We both sat and watched the Jaffa factory series, I rested my head on his shoulder and we just hung out until we heard the front door around half five.

We paused the video and went down stairs. Ross and Kim were taking off their shoes by the door. 'How'd it go guys?' I asked coming down the stairs. 'It wasn't too bad; there was some interrogation but not too much. They are a nice bunch of people but I don't think I will need to eat for a month.' Ross said and Kim laughed. 'Well I am glad it went well.'

**AUTHORS NOTE**

Firstly i have finished writing the letter that Smith left and put it in the story and will be coming up soon. Secondly, Insomnia is coming up and i am going on the Friday, thanks to work i cant go any other day. And last of all i hope you are all enjoying it and if you have any ideas let me know since i am slowly running low but there is a fairly large part coming up which should be interesting. Thank you for reading this story and supporting it.

Abs