Chapter 66 Drifting Smells and Comics

We got in the door and I was pretty tired, there was a nice smell drifting through the house originating from the kitchen. 'Give me your coat I will hang it up.' Ross said holding his hand out and I handed him my coat and I walked through to the living room with my bag in hand with Smith's socks.

Smith and Trott were sat on the sofa, he still had half of his airsoft gear, 'hey.'I Said walking in and Smith looked at me. 'What have you been up to?' he asked standing up,I Told him that Ross and I went out and what we did. 'You didn't tell me.' He sounded slightly offended. 'It was kind of a last minute thing and you didn't tell me about going to air soft this morning.'I Told him, 'don't bother mate they always win.' Trott called from the sofa, 'you bet.' Katie said walking in past Smith and I with Ross following who was looking at his phone. 'Thanks for the socks.' He said kissing my forehead with a defeated tone and went upstairs with his socks. 'Right what's everyone up to now, dinner's almost ready.' Katie informed us all, Trott and I said nothing but Ross was paying too much attention to his phone. 'Ross? Do you want dinner now or later?' Katie asked, Ross looked up blankly, 'errm yeah sure I could eat.' He said before going back to his phone.

We all did our own thing after dinner Ross, Trott and Katie were all down stairs and I was watching Smith play Dota walst messaging some of the guys from the office.I Was talking to Sjin who was playing Fallout 4 and I had also been talking to Kim. We were discussing marvel comics.I Think we were on better ground now, we were talking and being more friendly towards each other which I was grateful for. Smith sat back in his seat and shouted suddenly drawing my attention to him rather than my phone. 'You win?'I Asked him and judging by his little dance I took it as a yes. 'What are you doing?' he asked and I told him talking to Sjin and Kim and he looked at me, 'what about?' he asked returning to his computer. 'Sjin is playing Fallout 4 and Kim and I are discussing marvel comics.'I Told him and he nodded, 'it's nice to know that you and Kim are better. You two are pretty similar in personality and stuff.'I Agreed with him. 'Do you reckon her and Ross will get together again?' he asked and I looked at him. 'I don't know.'I Was now talking to Sjin who had just been attacked by a deathclaw. 'I think they should.' He told me which surprised me, 'really?' I said and Smith nodded, 'yeah,I Liked that we all had someone and the house idea was all of ours. It would be nice if Ross had her back again.' He said all of which surprised me. 'I guess so.'I Said going back to my phone. 'You don't think they should be together?' he asked me, 'yeah I do I just don't think they should rush back into things. Ross had anxiety like me, if they rush things it might spook Ross.'I Told him. There was silence for a little while,I thought Smith had gone back to his game. 'Did we rush into things?' he asked turning in his chair to face me. 'I don't think so.I Was comfortable with how we moved.'I Told him 'do you think we rushed things?'I Asked him and he waited for a moment, 'I wouldn't change how we did things.' He said and I nodded, 'me neither.'

I sat up in bed and looked around in the dark with my hand uncontrollably clutching where my stitches were. Smith was still asleep when I looked at him and his clock said it was half three.I wasn't hot and sweaty like normal but a little cold,I got up out of bed and routed around in the dark for my onsie on the floor.

Once I had my onesie on I walked down stairs and turned the light on in the kitchen and got a glass of water.I Was leaning on the counter top sipping on my water every now and then when I heard the stairs creek. Ross appeared in the doorway, wearing his jogging bottoms with his arms crossed across his bare chest. 'Can't sleep?' he asked leaning on the door frame. 'Nightmare.'I Told him before pouring the last of my water in the sink and leaving my glass on the side. 'Sorry if I woke you.'I Apologized, 'you didn't,I Haven't been to sleep yet.' He told me walking in and leaning on the countertop opposite. 'What was your nightmare about?' he asked.I Told him I had a dream that I was at the office and we were recording and I suddenly started bleeding from my stitches. Not just slightly either, it was pouring in a matter of seconds my shirt was soaked. 'That's when I woke up.'I Told him putting my hands in my pockets. 'Yeah that's pretty horrible.' He said, 'Is Smith up then?' he asked and I shook my head, 'it wasn't too bad, and he had a busy day.'I told him noticing he was trying to make some form of small talk. 'You should go back to bed, we have work in the morning.'I Told him, 'are you going up?' he asked, 'yeah I just need a minute.'I Told him and he looked at me, 'I will go when you do.' he said walking into the living room.'