Chapter 31 Strange Talk and Cake

We were going to go into the room where we ate but the door was locked so we went outside where Lewis, Hannah and I had our picture taken and sat on the bench. There was a pond with a fountain in the middle, the water reflected the peach coloured sky. Ross had brought his beer with his and he was sat with his elbows on his knees hunched over slightly and we both just looked at the pond with the muffled sound of the music coming from inside the building. 'Thanks for earlier, with the dancing thing, I didn't think I would be able to do it.' He said swirling the last bit of beer in his glass around. 'No problem, I had the same problem, but we did it. No anxiety is going to ruin a good party.' He agreed and we sat there for a moment just looking at the pond. 'Is this what you want your wedding to be like?' Ross asked, I shrugged my shoulders. 'I don't know, it's a while off yet.' I told him and he nodded. 'The run up of this Kim was practically planning hers.' He said and I looked at him. 'Hers, it's not just her wedding it will be yours too.' I told him and he huffed. 'Yeah I guess.' I looked at him befuddled. 'Don't you want to marry Kim?' I asked him and he looked at me then the floor. 'It's complicated.' He mumbled. I looked back at the pond and a slight breeze blew past us and I could feel every hair on mu body stand up. 'Are you going to marry Alex?' He asked after downing what was left in his bottle. 'Well unless something changes dramatically then I can only assume so.' I said looking out at the pond. 'Do you love him?' he asked looking directly at me I looked at him. 'Where's this going Ross?' I asked now very confused. 'Answer the question.' He said and I told him I love Smith more than anything on the world. 'Do you trust him?' Maybe Ross was more drunk than I had at first noticed. I waited a second before answering trying to figure out what he meant. 'You hesitated.' He uttered. 'Of course I trust him.' I said, 'Ross maybe I should go and get Kim.' I said not feeling comfortable. 'Are you sure, he hasn't been acting differently lately. Maybe being more secretive.' I stood up suddenly; I knew what he was referring to, when Smith closed the drawer earlier. 'He was talking about it in the car, doesn't want you to find out, something secret, told us not to mention it to you.' Ross said and he stood up slowly and faced me. 'Trust him now?' Ross whispered before heading back inside leaving me outside.

I was sat on the bench outside for a fair long time before Katie came wondering out. 'Hey we have been looking for you, we are cutting the cake.' She said approaching me. 'Come on they won't do it without you.' She said reaching me position. 'Yeah I will be there in a second. I have a head ache.'

I went in and then one I reached the front they cut the cake, I had to put on a very fake smile all the time looking for Ross but I couldn't see him. I walked back to where we were sitting but Trott was sat talking to Sips and Turps. 'Trott I need to talk to you.' I said and he looked at me. 'Sure.' He said standing up, I think Katie had told him to be careful and not drink too much since he was pretty sober.

We walked out into the car park and I turned to face him. 'What's up?' he asked putting his hands in his pockets. 'I need you to be 100% honest.' I said looking him right I the eye. He nodded. 'What' Alex Hiding?' I asked on the brink of tears. 'Nothing...' Trott started to lie. 'Ross said he was hiding something.' I said sighing, Trott now looked a little pissed. 'Honestly all I know is he has a box in his bed side draw and that's all he told us. He asked if we would hide anything and we said no.' Trott said honestly and I believed him but felt the oh to regular tickle of a tear down my cheek. 'Listen I know it hurts but just enjoy tonight and I promise I will help you sort this out when we get home. Do you want me to go and get anything or anyone?' he asked, 'Can I have a hug?' I asked pathetically. 'Of course you can.' He said putting his arms around me.

When we walked in there was an all manner of weird and wonderful dancing going on and just to my luck Lewis and Hannah are stood by the door as we walk back in. 'You alright Abbey? You look like you have been crying?' Hannah asked looking at me. 'She's just a but overwhelmed it think, don't worry I have got her.' Trott covered for me and we walked across the hall. 'Come and sit with Sip, Turps and I.' Trott said guiding me to the corner where I found him.

I was finally laughing again walst with the guys, we were watching the people dance which was hilarious, and the head banging and shouting that was a result of the bohemian rhapsody was something to be marvelled on. It started to wind down around eleven, people had started to leave or turn on for the night. And by twelve I was ready to do the same, Turps and Sips had gone an hour or so ago since they had wives and kids to look after so it was just Trott and I sat watching people. Now the crowed had thinned out a bit I could see Ross, Smith and Lewis all talking across the hall. Kim, Katie and some of the other girls were still dancing on the floor but they were pretty much the only ones left dancing. 'I think I am going to bed.' I told Trott. 'Ok, should I tell Alex?' he asked, I looked across the hall at the three laughing and talking. 'No it's ok.' He looked up at me and stood up too. 'Alright well sleep well. If you need anything I will leave my phone on, just call Katie or I anytime.' He said giving me a hug.

I walked out of the hall and started walking up one set of stairs to where I knew our room was. 'Hey wait up.' I heard Smith say and he followed me up and walked next to me as we walked down the hall of doors. 'Why didn't you say you were going to bed?' he asked and I shrugged my shoulders as we reached our door and we walked in. I sat on the edge of the bed and took my shoes off. There were beams along the roof and a small window above the beds headboard and a small dresser in the corner. I stood up and reached around to start unzipping the back of the dress. 'Do you want a hand?' Smith asked and started unzipping. 'I've got it.' I said turning away and doing it myself. 'You all right? Your acting a little strange.' He said and I just said I was tired. I got into bed and he carried on getting changed before getting into bed. I didn't rest my head on his chest, we slept facing away from each other. It felt like we were miles apart.

**AUTHORS NOTE**

Sorry I missed a couple of days, internet issues and general life rubbish as been in the way.

Abs