Chapter 94 New Territory and Going Flat Out

Thursday morning was a bit of a rush, we all woke up late since we were up until the early hours playing cards. We opted for the car this morning to that we weren't too far behind schedule since we were really busy. We had a skype meeting with someone from Minecraft discussing trailers first thing this morning and we only had ten minutes to get to the office.

When we got to the office there were literally seconds before we were going to be late and we power walked down to our office. 'Abbey, can I have a word?' Hannah called after us, I looked at Smith, 'it's ok, I think we have everything under control.' he said and I nodded and they went to our office and I went into Hannah's.

All of the advent had pretty much gone and her office was almost back to it's tidy organized state. 'What's the rushing about?' she asked sitting at her desk, 'we have a meeting with a guy from Minecraft, we overslept and now we are running late.' I told her sitting on the chair. 'Oh then I will be quick.' she started, 'i wanted to let you know Lewis and I have found a house. We should be able to start everything and start moving in next weekend.' she started describing the house and where is was and it sounded lovely. 'You heard from your mum lately?' she asked as k was leaving, 'not for a while no.' I looked at her and she shrugged her shoulders.

I walked into our office and the guys had already started the meeting I sat down and joined in.

The morning was taken up by the meeting, we had to cancel a recording session with the main channel. We finished up the meeting and Smith groaned. Our work load was very different to the rest of the yogs at this time of year, they would all be struggling to find content. Don't get me wrong we did too but we rely heavily on long running series of older games like GTA and trials to make up most of our content but we also had these trailers to do as well. It I think there were five in total, we were half way through two and now we had three more on top. When you combine that with daily content you can imagine we were a little out of our depth.

We started planning out a rough schedule. We all want the floor with like a of paper and emails trying to make it all fit and make sense of it all. 'Are you guys alright?' Turps asked walking in with paper in his hand. 'Yeah just very busy.' Smith told him. 'Oh, err, I have something you guys need to take a look at.' I turned to Turps and he handed me the email print out. 'We have no one else that can go and it has asked for you four specifically.' he told us as I read it. 'Texas? When?' I asked. 'Next week end at the latest.' Turps told us 'it will really help us put if you could go. Pax is kind of new territory and could open some pretty good door for us.' Turps i think knew this was the last thing we needed right now. 'When do you need a decision by?' Ross asked, 'as soon as possible.' Turps room took the email back, 'we will let you know tomorrow.' I told Turps and he left the room.

Smith laid on the floor with his hands over his face. 'we cannot feasibly get all of this done by next weekend.' Trott said, 'we would practically have to work here and at home to even come close.' Ross sounded defeated. 'We can record at home, edit at home, record here, anything, we can make it work.' I told them. 'The audience would spot a change in sound quality if we record at home.' Smith mumbled, I looked at him. 'Then we tell them that's what we are doing. Tell them the truth. We are under a lot of pressure, most of them will understand.' I told them 'it's not a terrible idea, just tell them what is going on.' Ross backed me up, 'just do a vlog and tell them, hey guys we are really busy so we will be recording from home which we all share. The whole thing will explode, everything will be a minefield, anything we say or do will be analysed and theories will arise.' Trott really was not keen on the idea. 'We have to do it.' Smith said. 'Fine but I am telling you how this isn't going to be easy.' Trott gave in reluctantly. 'You and Katie will have tumblr blowing up with people asking questions and whatever else. You ready for that?' Smith asked and I nodded, 'it's settled, I will get the camera.' Ross said getting up.

We finished up the vlog, we told the truth, we spoke about the work load and explained that we would have to record from home and it might be a little touch and go when sound was concerned since we would all be In The same room. We also explained that we were all living together and had been for a while now and left that at that. So I guess we went 100% truthful since we didn't say that Smith and I were together or Ross and Kim were together. 'I will edit this up you do the thumbnail?' Smith suggested and I nodded and got to work on a thumbnail for the vlog. Ross put the camera Way and Trott went and sat back at his desk.

Kim walked in not long after we had all got started on whatever we needed to do. 'Hey what you guys been up to? There has been a lack of noise from your room today.' she said, 'yeah we are just mega busy.' Ross told her. 'Oh, ok. Well I guess I better let you get back to it.' I looked at Kim and smiled and she did one of them fake smiles back before she left. 'when she moving back in?' I asked Ross and he shrugged his shoulders, he didn't seem to care, he put his headphones back on. I looked at him For a second before going back to the thumbnail.

We went flat out bulk recording pretty much anything we could given the time frame. We did three hours of GTA, two hours of squad, which Smith and I rock at by the way. And some trials towards the end of our day. I think we recorded our last trials session close to 10pm and didn't finish until until half eleven. 'Alright the vlog went up without any issues.' Ross said, 'yeah not yet.' Trott muttered under his breathe getting ready to go.

We finally got home by midnight. The house was dark, no lights were on, 'I am going to make bacon sandwiches.' I told the guys assuming Katie had gone to bed a long time ago. Ross, Trott and Smith sat at the table as I cooked. 'This is crazy, we have never been like this before, it had never got this bad.' Trott said, 'It's going to be difficult.' Ross muttered his hands in his head. 'You think we can do this?' I asked handing them each a plate with a bacon sandwich on it each and sat down next to Smith with mine. 'Honestly this time I think we might be in Over our heads.' Smith told me honestly. 'We can't back out now.' Trott said sternly. 'I didn't say we should, I am just thinking about everyone involved, Katie, Kim and Abbey.' Smith said in his serious voice. 'Then why did we say that we all lived together? Huh? Why not just say recording situations are changing temporally? You need to remember that they have no context.' Trott was agitated and the atmosphere changed. 'so isn't that what we were going for? Not revealing too much?' Ross asked, Trott turned to Ross quickly. 'What I mean is we have put ourselves in a situation open to interpretation. The fandom will explode. They will assume, ask questions and they won't just pair us off as we are they will do anything and everything.' Trott pointed out. 'They do that anyway.' I told him, 'we are doing this, it was going to happen sooner or later right? So now is as good a time as any.' I told him there was a short silence. 'Let's go to bed we have a busy day tomorrow.'