Chapter 73 Wastelands and Pillow fights

We got in and I ran up stairs for a much needed shower. When I came out Smith was laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. 'You alright?' I asked rubbing my hair with a towel before sitting on the edge of the bed. 'Yeah just tired.' he said sitting up, 'you should go for a shower it makes you feel a lot better.' I told him starting to get changed into a vest top and onesie. 'Is it bad that I can't be bothered?' and I nodded putting my vest over my head. 'Once I am done do you fancy going to play Fallout or something?' I asked and he nodded and left the room.

I went up to the attic and Smith had posted up both of our computers and was already roaming around his fort. 'Look this' he said pointing at his screen, I lent on the arm of his chair, he had managed to acquire a super mutant companion. I was still happy with dog meat but him and smith, not so much. 'Why's he there?' I asked before sitting at my desk, 'I found him.' Smith said really chuffed with himself. 'Alex I told you about picking up strange men you find just wandering around.' I said as I got into the power armour. 'You're allowed to pick up strange men' he said and I looked at him confused 'you picked up me' I rolled my eyes and nudged him before exploring the wasteland.

At around half eleven Katie came in and Smith and I were still wandering around fall out. I had dressed my dog in a skull bandanna and I was wearing some pretty cool power armour and had only died a couple of times. Smith on the other hand seemed to be having a harder time staying alive and his trusty new manservant seemed to just disappear at random and inconvenient intervals. 'we are off to bed now, so if you two would like to be a little quieter it would be appreciate' I nodded and she went back down the spiral stairs and to bed. 'we should call it a day' I said saving my game, 'yeah, I am hungry.' Smith and I had missed dinner due to more important things like collecting coffee cups and upgrading power armour. 'Let's go and see what's in the fridge.' I said standing up and going down stairs.

We walked into the kitchen and the dining room light was on and Ross was sat typing away on his mac. 'thought you had gone to bed.' I said as Smith opened the fridge, 'yeah I will in a second.' he said not taking his eyes of off his computer. 'what are you up to?' Smith asked with his head in the fridge. 'nothing much, brain storming ideas for the streams and chatting to Kim.' Ross replied, Smith looked at me surprised and I shrugged my shoulders. 'there's some pizza left, I will put it in the microwave or we can have omelets.' Smith offered, I opted for the omelets since Im pretty sure that was Trott's pizza and the last time someone ate his pizza it was not pretty, I think Smith had all of his Airsoft ammo poured into his shoes.

Smith cooked Ross a midnight Omelet too and we all sat and brainstormed ideas for the streams. Eventually we came up with one stream would he DnD based and another would be us making songs from scratch live on stream. I think it was maybe half one when all three of bus went to bed. Smith and I walked into our bedroom and I picked up my pjs and want the edge of the bed ready to get changed when I felt a pillow hit my back. I turned around and a very sly looking Smith was looking at me. 'Bring it.' I said as he threw one of our smaller pillows at me and it just hit me, as Smith reached across to get another pillow I managed to clock him on the head and he fell down onto the bed and I took the opportunity to jump him. I managed to pin his arms down and I was sat on his lower torso pinning the rest. We were both looking at each other, me looking down and him looking up. He somehow managed to free an arm and brushed my hair behind my ear. He sat up with me still sat on him and kissed me lightly, I put both arms on his shoulders as he kissed me...

***

I woke up around half ten this Sunday morning and I felt amazing, like nothing could bring me down, you know optimistic. Smith wasn't in bed next to me when I looked, I sat upright with the duvet covering me. I listened to hear if he was in the shower but there was nothing. I heard the door handle turn and he appeared wearing his jogging bottoms and grey shirt. 'hey you.' he said smiling at me and I smiled back. 'Sleep well?' he asked and I nodded still with the covers covering my body. 'I did too.' he said leaning over and kissing me. He sat opposite me and crossed his legs holding one of my hands with both of his, our fingers interlocked, 'what do you fancy doing today?' I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders. 'We should probably start with getting changed since don't think you going down without clothes on will go down very well.' Smith said and I blushed slightly, after last night I just fell asleep without putting any Pj's on. 'so what do you want to do then?' he asked again, we could go and see Hannah and Lewis maybe?' I suggested, 'whatever you want' Smith said before kissing me and going into the shower room.

I was sorting out some of our washing salts Smith was in the shower since I had finished getting changed. I had opted for a plain white t-shirt and blue jeans, and as I was folding and tidying in general I listened to Smith sing away in the shower. He was singing Elton John's Your song and all of me and some pink Floyd song too. I really loved listening to him sing, it was one of the things I treasured most in this crazy world I had found myself in.