Chapter 64 Chilli and Curry

I opened my can of drink and she was still stood there with her arms folded now, 'How are you doing?I Heard about what was going on. Hannah told me.I Am really sorry.' She said, and I shrugged my shoulders, 'It's just one of them things I guess, but yeah I'm feeling good.'I Took a sip of my drink as we fell back into silence again. 'Listen.' She started, 'I am sorry about how I acted and how I dealt with things.' She said and I just stood there, 'Ross is very lucky he has someone like you to lean on.I Don't want you to be mad but we have started talking again.'I Looked at her, 'Kim you and Ross are adults and you work together to hear that you are talking again doesn't make me mad. It's a good thing.' She smiled, 'It's just difficult for me since I know how Ross thinks since I'm the same. We think the worse, think that there is no end. That's why we are close, because we understand each other which is what people like us need. Someone to understand and listen.'I Told her and she shuffled on her feet. 'Yeah I could have done with that when we were still together.' She said and I walked towards her, 'It's difficult to deal with, trust me. And when it happens to someone you love it's even harder because all you want to do is make it better. For now just be there as a friend. Things are not going to change overnight but you will get your head around it. Smith managed.'I Told her and she chuckled a little.

I walked back into the office and the guys looked like they were just getting ready to leave. 'There she is.' Trott said as I walked in, 'Where were you?' Smith asked concerned, 'I was chatting to Kim.'I Told him picking up my stuff. 'Is she in then?' Ross asked and I nodded, 'yeah I think she just left.' Smith walked over to me and picked all my stuff up from the floor for me. 'What were you chatting about?' Smith asked as we left the office and walked down the corridor. 'Just stuff.'I Told him putting an arm around him, he looked down at me, 'don't worry we were nice to each other.'I Told him and we walked out of the office.

I sat in the back with Ross on the way home, Trott was upfront with Smith. Ross and I were talking about Christmas and what we were all going to do. he wanted to go and visit his family but Smith and I didn't know what we were doing yet.

We pulled up at home and Lewis' and Hannah's car was parked outside. We didn't know why they were here. We walked in and there was a glow coming from the living room and also the faint murmur of talking. We all walked down the hall not saying anything,I Walked in first and Lewis and Hannah were sat with Katie on the sofa. 'Hey.'I Said with the guys behind me. 'What's going on?'I Asked and walked over and sat next to Lewis on the sofa. 'Nothing much, we thought we would come and check on you but you weren't here.' Hannah said I nodded, 'yeah we had some work to do at the office.'I Told her, 'How you holding up?' Lewis asked and I nodded, 'good the guys and Katie are taking good care of me.'Isaid and they both smiled. 'Are you two staying for dinner?' Smith asked them both, 'Nah we are going to get out of your hair.' Lewis said helping Hannah up off of the sofa.

I showed them out and when I came back Smith and Trott were both laying on the floor. This seemed to be a common occurrence and now I didn't think anything of it. They were discussing what to have for dinner, it was two for two, Katie and I fancied chilli and Trott and Smith fancied curry. 'I will go and ask Ross the deciding vote.'I Said before trudging upstairs.

I had to go all the way to the attic and it looked like Ross was working on something and was completely focused.Isat on the empty seat next to him and watched what he was doing before he removed his headphones. 'What do you think of this?' he asked holding his headphones out to me.I Slid them over my head and music started playing, it was really good and I was pretty sure I hadn't heard it before. 'That's all I have for now.' He said and I looked at him, 'you made this? Ross it's amazing.'I Said handing him his headphones back. 'We needed something to play for live streams and stuff, something new.' He told me clicking away closing windows. 'What do you fancy for dinner?'I Asked him, 'there is curry or chilli.'I Told him he thought for a second, 'Chilli.' He said andIfist pumped, 'Good choice my man.'I Stood up ready to head down stairs. 'Hey.'I Stopped and turned around, 'Was Kim alright? When you spoke to her?' He asked and I nodded, 'Yeah she was fine, she was slightly worried about some silly things but she is fine.'I told him and he nodded, 'We are talking again.' He told me and I nodded, 'I know she told me. It's good.'I told him and went downstairs.

We had our chilli for dinner and we all sat around the table talking and drinking, Smith, Ross, Trott and I were all drinking a bottle of beer,I was limiting myself to one but Smith was on his second. 'Hey it's your birthday soon right?' Katie asked me and I nodded, 'Hannah was talking about it earlier.'I nodded again, 'Yep going to be nineteen.'I told them, 'So what do you want?' Ross asked and I Shrugged my shoulders, 'no idea,I don't really want or need anything.'I told them truthfully. 'What are you going to do Smith?' Trott asked, 'Now that would be telling.'