Chapter 91 Steam and Short Remarks

Authors Note.

Hi I am sorry that this Is kind of a short chapter, things should all be back to normal now. Thanks for sticking with me :-)

Abs

I sat bolt upright in bed mid scream, I was sweating and panting. I looked around the room, Smith's bedside lamp was on and it gave the room a warm yellow glow. Smith was knelt down the other end of the bed and he looked at me with concern painted all over his face. These nightmares were probably more traumatic for him than I could realise. I can imagine someone screaming and shouting in their sleep as you are asleep can be a little unsettling. 'Hey? You awake? Abbey can you hear me?' He asked and I nodded still out of breath and shaking partially from the cold that hit me like a brick wall. The door creaked open slowly and Smith and I looked towards it and Ross poked his head in. ;Everything alright?' he asked still half asleep himself. 'Yeah, just another nightmare I think. We are fine here.' Smith said turning away from him and looking back at me and I nodded at Ross, 'yeah I am fine.' I told him but I am not sure whether he could hear me since my voice was so quiet. Ross stood there for another second before leaving and closing the door.

Smith crawled back up to the head of the bed and put his arms around me pulling me into a cuddle. 'That hasn't happened in awhile.' he said in a deep voice which is normally his morning voice but I don't think half two really qualifies for morning voice time. 'You want to talk about it?' he asked and I shook my head and pulled away from him wiping my face with both of my hands. 'No I am fine. Let's just go back to sleep.' I said looking at him, 'you sure?' he asked and I nodded and started to settle down again my back to him. I knew that he was still sat up looking at me but he eventually laid back down and turned out the light. A single tear fell down my cheek and onto my pillow.

I could barely sleep after last night, after my nightmare. I spent most of the night just watching Smith sleep, watching him breathe and staring at the ceiling which just appeared as a dark abyss. I waited until the song birds began their chorus and there was light in the clear blue Bristol sky before getting out of bed and throwing on Smith's cornerstone hoodie and going downstairs.

After making myself a cup of tea and finding something to put on my fee, I settled on Ross' slippers, I went and sat on the bench outside. I was wearing my ravenclaw jogging bottoms, Smith's hoodie and Ross' slippers so I wasn't massively cold. the grass was shimmering in the early sun, it was a silver coulour rather than it's normal emerald green. The occasional bird would land no more than six feet from me and hop around in the grass before flying off again. I closed my eyes and listened to the songs of the birds as the called to each other. 'Ahem.' I looked at the door opening my eyes, Smith was stood in his pajamas and he had his arms folded. 'Come inside it's freezing out here, you get ill.' he warned and I looked down at my tea with the seam floating up before walking inside.

I sat on the sofa with my cup with it's steam still dancing away from the warm tea inside. 'You alright? I know there is something tell me please.' I looked at him, 'If you know there's something up then why ask?' I asked him smiling slightly. 'Come on you can tell me . you know that. You know you don't have to worry about anything you know. We are working through it.' I stopped smiling since he was really concerned. 'I am fine honey I promise, just still processing everything.' I told him and he sat next to me. 'You sure?' He asked and I nodded. 'Ok then.' he smiled at me, 'We have a meeting at work today, something about a new project or something.' he told me and I drank the last of my tea. 'We better get ready to go then.' I said kissing Smith and leaving the room.

I was changed, wearing my black skinny jeans and fluxed shirt with a flannel shirt over the top with my hoodie under my arm. I walked through to the dining room and everyone was sat talking. 'You alright titch?' Trott asked, I raised my eyebrows, 'you're like an inch taller than me.' I stood behind Smith who was sat opposite Trott. 'Yeah and don't you forget it.' he said drinking from his cup. 'Ignore him Abbey, he can only do that with a few people in the world let him have this one.' Smith said getting up and putting his empty mug in the dishwasher. 'You all ready to go?' I asked putting my hoodie on.