Chapter 30 Dancing In Circles and Mexican Waves

I sat down at the table at the back with Lewis, Hannah and Ross since Smith had gone to get drinks and Kim was talking to Zoey and Rythian. Smith came back with a tray of five drinks, 'Here you are.' Smith said, Hannah said he didn't need to do it but he said he wanted to. He gave Lewis a beer and Hannah was given a glass of white wine and Smith, Ross and I drank a different beer to Lewis and we shared this particular brand as our favourite. 'Do you recon everyone is in?' Lewis asked Hannah over the music that had increased in volume. 'Attention ladies and gentlemen, the bride and grooms first dance will be starting shortly so please clear the floor.' Hannah's mum said in a microphone and the music became quieter. 'Come on then, don't tread on my toes.' Hannah said after drinking the last of her wine and holding her hand out and her and Lewis walked to the middle of the room. 'Photograph.' By Ed Sheeran started playing as they walked over. Hannah put her hands so they were holding the back of Lewis' neck and Lewis had his hands around their waist and they turned slowly around in circles.

It got to half way through the song and I felt a tap on my shoulder, 'Go on, you and your man go now deer.' Hannah's mum said and Smith took my hand and we walked over to the floor too. 'Don't worry.' He knew me to well, my palms had got sweaty and heart rate was up. 'There is no one else but me and you.' Smith said as we walked out onto the floor. He put his hands on each hip and I put my arms around his torso and rested my head on his chest. 'No one else but you and me. Listen to the music.' He said and we slowly started turning. Katie and Trott danced next to us and when I looked over to where Ross was it looked like Kim was trying to get him to come and dance. I lifted my head from Smith and looked at him. 'Come with me.' I said and he looked at me confused. 'Just play along ok.' I said and I held his hand and we walked over to Kim and Ross.

'Come on Kim I will dance with you, I think Abbey has a plan.' Smith said into her ear over the music. Kim went off with Smith and they dance with the now mass of couples and people on the floor. Ross was sat on the chair looking at the floor. 'Pretty useless at this dancing stuff.' He excused and I held my hand out and he looked up. 'Don't worry.' He took my hand and stood up, we started walking to the floor and I could feel the pulse in his hand. 'There's no one else but you and me. Go with the music.' I said as we reached the edge of the floor and turned to face him. I paced his hands on my side and I put my hands on his shoulders, he looked very uncomfortable. 'No one else but you and me.' I said again and he stopped looking around the room nervously and looked at me. Smith and Kim walked over and Ross and I spilt, I went back to dancing with Smith and Ross copied Smith to an extent and looked far more relaxed. I had my head rested back on Smith chest and looked over at Ross and Kim, Ross looked over at us and smiled and I smiled back.

When the song finished Smith kissed the top of my head and we stepped away from each other and Smith had his arm around me and we went back to sit at the table to finish our drinks. Kim and Ross came over a little while after and drank with us for a little while walst the music changed to upbeat and people were dancing and jumping around. Walst we were sat at the table Austin came running up to us with Sips' not too far behind. 'He has been looking for you.' Sips' told us. 'Do you want to go and dance Austin?' I knelt down to his level and he nodded, I held his hand and he jumped around and I watched more than danced.

Sips was sat next to Smith where I was and they were talking, the music was too loud for me to hear but they kept looking over in my direction. Before long Austin was bored of dancing and ran back over to Sips who picked him up and sat him on his lap and I walked over following. 'Alex?' Austin started and Smith leant on his knees after putting his bottle of beer down on the table to listen to Austin. 'Are you married to Abbey?' He asked in his childish innocent voice. 'No I am not.' Smith said the way you would talk to a child. 'Why? She's very pretty and you love each other like the man with the scarf said.' He said referring to the guy who had done the ceremony who did have a scarf on. 'Do you think I should marry her?' Smith asked, I stood next to Sips, 'Sorry he asks a lot of questions.' Sips told us as Austin and Smith spoke. 'I think you should marry her. And have a big party like this but have a bouncy castle.' Austin said. 'Ok, if you say so.' Smith said sitting back and picking up his beer again. Austin said he was going to find Turps and Rosie who I think were sat along one of the walls. 'Well then.' Sips said picking up his beer from the table, 'Looks like you have to tie the knot now, and don't forget about the bouncy castle.' He said standing up and following Austin. Smith and I just looked at each other and he rolled his eyes and I laughed.

By seven the party was in full swing, I had around five beer's in me and there was going to be a shot Mexican wave type thing happening. I was stood next to Hannah and Zylus, 'Three, two, ONE!' Simon shouted who was at the other end of the table, and with that everyone's elbow pointed to the sky one by one as they did their shot. We were at the end so Hannah was the last person and there had to at least twenty people doing it. We all walked away from the table, some of us a little more stable than others. I went back to where my drink was and met up with Ross who was more sober that most. 'How are you doing buddy?' I asked sitting on the chair next to him. 'Got a bit of a head ache.' He said in my ear over the music. 'Do you want to go and sit in the other room for a bit?' I asked in his ear and he nodded.