5 • Alaric

This is for Lukeswexter, hope you like it! :D

Imagine being in Rics class but he has feelings for you.

---------------

"...and that's how the civil war ended." Your teacher concluded as your eyes were nearly completely closed and begging for sleep. You groaned before sitting up in your seat and looking down at your textbook. The guy next to you was on page 124, you looked to see you had stopped listening and reading along at page 10. "Naomi can I see you after this class please," you look up to find Mr Saltzman staring right at you.

The ring of the bell echoed around the classroom causing you to jolt up slightly, all around you people were grabbing their things and bolting towards the door. However you simply grabbed your things and headed towards your teachers desk, he looked up and gave you a small smile. "Take a seat please Naomi, we need to have a talk." You inwardly groaned as this was the last thing you were even remotely concerned about. Mr Saltzman has always been quite caring and understanding towards you, due to your record of mental illnesses and record of bad grades.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" You asked whilst looking at the clock, you were definitely going to be late home.

"Well I want to help you get your grades up as I've told you before Naomi, but you're not making this easy for me you know." He chuckled lightly whilst looking through a folder that had all of your previous grades in.

"Oh sorry, I-I didn't realise you cared that much." You shrugged whilst looking at the floor, feeling his eyes watching you.

"Oh course I care! What kind of teacher do you think I am if I don't care about my students grades!" He pretended to be hurt by putting his hand to his chest making you giggle. He smiled at you and just stared for a while, making you shift your gaze around the room trying to make it less awkward.

"A-am I allowed to go then Mr Saltzman?" You asked politely splintering the silence, your words seemed to shake him out of his daze causing him to sigh slightly and mumble something inaudible. Although you thought you heard the word 'beautiful.'

"U-uh no not yet Naomi, I still have something else to discuss with you." He spoke as he cleared his throat and got up from his desk, he walked around and perched on the edge of your desk so that the two of you were quite close together now. "I know I said I want to help you with your grades, but I also want to help make you happy. I remember when you first walked into my class, you had a spring in your step and a smile almost always on your face. Now you use my class to catch up on your sleep and I know you never genuinely smile."

The fact that he had noticed all of this made you feel strange, you felt happy that he wanted to help you but also kind of weirded out because well... he is your teacher. You just nodded and looked at your hands in your lap, you felt two finger under your chin push your head up so you were looking at him. The two of you were dangerously close to each other, you could feel your heart going into overdrive as his eyes flickered down to your lips.

It was so wrong, both of you knew it, you also knew that if you kissed him that would spoil an awful lot. In your eyes it would make things extra awkward and would just ruin the relationship you were slowly building with him by rushing it.

You subtly pulled away and looked at the floor, you knew that later you'd be debating in your mind if that was a good idea or not. He sighed before stepping away and looking at you.

"I-I'm sorry Naomi, that was very inappropriate of me." Mr Saltzman said whilst still staring at you.

"No, no it's fine. I just... Don't want to rush anything." You mumbled as your cheeks flushed with embarrassment. The two of you stood in silence for a few moments before finally he spoke.

"Well I think that's all then." Mr Saltzman smiled for a second before frowning slightly, you turned to leave but before you did you swiftly walked back over to him. You wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly, the smell of him clouding your senses.

"Thanks, for everything." You spoke into his chest as you listened to his heart beating slightly quicker than it should be. He returned the gesture by locking his arms around you and resting his chin on top of your head.

After a while you broke away to give him a small smile before heading towards the door.

"And just remember I'm always here if you want to talk Naomi, I really do want to help you." He spoke as you exited the classroom with the most genuine smile on your face, because of him you felt the most happy you had in a long time. Hopefully that feeling was here to stay.

----------------------

Please go check out my other book 'Sail Away | L.H' thanks :D
Hope you enjoyed this one.
Wow 50k!!! Thanks so much !!!!!! :0

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird