43: Turning It Off (10/10)

Elijah: "What's going on Y/N?" Elijah asked as he got into the car straight after you, both of you were exiting the Mikaelson house after attending the ball and heading back to yours.

"I had a little chat with Kol inside." You didn't even look at Elijah and he sensed that your voice was slightly different. It didn't vary in pitch as much and you weren't bubbly or even cracking a smile like usual.

"What did he tell you?" He asked whilst keeping his suspicions subdued for now.

"He told me how I wasn't what you were looking for, I'm not your type. He said that you liked people like Katherine, with not many cares and a bit wild." You still kept your eye focus on the road and didn't really care what Elijah was thinking.

"And you believed him? Darling you know you're perfect in every way to me, I wouldn't change you for anything in the world." Elijah spoke sincerely.

"That's the thing you see." You spoke with a sickening chuckle that sent a shiver down his spine. "He didn't tell me these things, he compelled me to believe them. He then compelled me to turn off my humanity." You could see from your peripheral vision that Elijah's eyes widened and mouth opened slightly, being a vampire meant that you could remember being compelled.

"Stop the car." He spoke sternly causing you to laugh slightly.

"Why Lijah?" You teased and continued to drive.

"Just stop the damn car Y/N!" He spoke again as you shook your head and continued to drive.

"Oh Lijah, you're so noble and uptight you know. Maybe you should be the one to let loose a bit, instead of going after Kol. I don't even care about what he said anymore so don't worry." You chuckled slyly as Elijah sat back in his seat and huffed in anger.

"This isn't you Y/N, please don't do this." Elijah pleaded, which you thought was really pathetic.

"But I'm not doing anything." You smirked back at him and pretended to be innocent.

"Just stop this car, I can't watch you destroy yourself like this." He looked away and out of the window as you drove in silence now.

Kol: "Kol how do you do it?" You ask as the two of you lay on the couch across each other, snuggled under blankets.

"Do what?" He asked as he drew small patterns on your arm with his hand.

"You know. You kill so many people, but never once have I heard you ever mention the word guilt after wards. I know you can't turn your humanity off, but you still act like it's off sometimes." You spoke and instantly regretted it as you thought it would become awkward now.

"Well I just tend not to think about it, that way it doesn't bother me." Kol shrugged. "Anyway, why do you ask?"

"I was just curious, because you're always so calm yet crazy and unfazed by all of the killing." You laugh awkwardly causing him to frown.

"No you aren't, why did you really ask?" Kol questioned, reading you like a book. He could tell that something else was bothering you.

"Well I know that you don't feel the guilt, but I sometimes do. I don't want to change you, but it just builds up inside of me and I don't know what to do about it." You sigh in annoyance as there was a long silence, both of you deep in thought.