24 • Klaus

For halseysatan, hope you enjoy! :D

Imagine Klaus raising you for the majority of your life and him thinking about all of the troubles and amazing experiences that have happened because of you.

-------------------------------------------

"Hey Klaus, are you okay?" You asked quietly as you approached him sat in a chair staring into space, you'd come to visit him over the weekend and today he'd seemed to be a bit out of it.

Klaus had raised you since you were barely three months old, nobody knew what happened to your real parents. He just saw you helplessly left on the side of the road and took you in, something about trying to redeem himself because of all the bad things he'd done.

You pushed your ruby red hair out of your face and sighed as he looked at you and smiled.

"It's good of you to visit me, I haven't seen you in a while." He smiled at you and you returned it warmly before hugging him tightly. "Oh and I'm fine, just a bit spaced out. I was thinking about you, how you'd grown up so fast."

You rolled your eyes at his statement and laughed slightly.

"Well I'll be back later, because I have to run a few errands and then we have the whole afternoon together." You spoke excitedly before walking towards the door.

"Okay I'll see you later." He smiled as you nodded and rushed off to do your jobs as fast as possible.

Once again Klaus was left to his own thoughts, he didn't mind though. It gave him time to think about your life, how he never thought that he'd be able to have a child of his own. Although you've never called him 'Dad,' raising you made up for that.

He remembered the first time he saw you, he was with Elijah and it was in the middle of winter.

3rd person P.O.V

"It's not funny! Don't laugh Niklaus!" Elijah spoke whilst chuckling slightly himself, Klaus had reminded Elijah of an embarrassing story from a while ago.

"Oh it is and I-" However before Klaus could finish his sentence, it's cut short by the piercing sound of a baby's cry.

It rang through the air and caused both of them to stop walking instantly, Klaus neared where the source of the sound was.

It was coming from the under growth near the path that they were on, both of them slowly approached and crouched down to see what it was.

As Elijah moved a branch out of the way, his hand brushed against the soft skin of a child. Quickly he jerked his hand away and looked at Klaus in shock.

"W-what do we do?" He asked in confusion.

"I don't know, but we can't leave her." Klaus mumbled back as he uncovered the small child lying in a blanket.

"Maybe we should take it to a shelter or something?" Elijah spoke, clearly having no experience with these sort of things.

"No, maybe you should raise her. You know just feed her every now and again when she's hungry and make sure that she sleeps." Klaus shrugged as Elijah rolled his eyes.