97 • Damon

For cami_caferatta , hope ya like :D

Imagine dumping Damon :/

------------------------

You and Damon had been dating for nearly a year, you couldn't deny that it had been great. Adventurous. Thrilling. But dangerous.

The entire time a thought was nagging in your head that there was always danger, they were vampires for gods sake. Nothing was ever simple or normal but you were drawn to that. However it had become more apparent in the past few months how vulnerable you were, used as leverage against Damon because you were his weakness.

And you hated that.

You hated being the weakest person, the most powerless and unable to protect yourself from any danger. It was daunting for you as a human trying to coexist with the supernatural world when Damon refused to turn you. That frustrated you too.

You didn't want to grow old whilst Damon remained the same, it just didn't seem right. It didn't feel right. And it scared you.

You'd been decided for the past week whether what you were about to do was a good decision or not, but now you think you'd made up your mind.

A part of you didn't want to do it, you didn't want to hurt him after everything the two of you had been through. But another half of you just wanted a normal life, not constantly living on the edge and not knowing if you're going to be vampire food at any point.

You sighed and closed your eyes as you heard Damon open and close the front door, signalling he was home. Signalling things were about to come to end for you guys. You felt sick as you walked into the living to greet him, his face lit up when he saw you.

"Hey you alright?" He questioned, he must have seen the frown on your face as you came round the corner. You nodded and put on a fake smile, walking over to hug him tightly because it was probably going to be the last time that you do. "Y/N what's wrong?" He questioned again as you looked up at him sadly.

"I need to talk to you." You spoke but it came out as a whisper.

"Sure what's up?" He asked as you led him over to the sofa, sitting down next to him.

"W-well I've been thinking about us, about how I'm always in danger and always the weakest one. Damon be honest whenever there's ever a threat to us I'm just a burden." You started as he frowned, not liking where you were going with this. "I just don't think I can do this anymore, it's-it's getting too much." You sighed and looked down sadly, not wanting to see his face after you'd said those fateful words.

"So what are you saying?" He asked as you glanced up at him with teary eyes.

"I'm saying that I think we're better off as friends Damon, not taking us too seriously and just keep it platonic." You spoke as your voice trailed off, Damon's eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"But why?" He closed his eyes and shook his head as if trying to convince himself that this wasn't happening. "I thought we were doing good? I thought it was working out alright. We're both happy aren't we?" He fired questions as you sat and shook your head sadly at him.

"I am with you, but I just don't feel safe Damon, there's too much of a risk." You spoke and sighed as he nodded sadly.

"Are you sure?" You glanced up and saw the tears in his eyes that threatened to fall, nodding slowly. 

"I'm so sorry Damon." You spoke sadly as he rose from the sofa, you followed behind him as he turned to face you.

"You're not supposed to break up with someone if you still love them." Damon shook his head and turned away from you as you opened your mouth to say something but shut it quickly and sighed. "I'm sorry that you don't feel safe with me." He whispered and began to walk off as you chased after him.

"Damon wait! I know you'd try and keep me safe, I know that. But it's not you, it's the likes of other vampires or whoever we make enemies with next that I don't feel safe about." You explained and stopped walking, letting him stalk off to his room.

You didn't want to be in the house any longer so you quickly grabbed your keys and decided to take a drive, just to let everything out and be away from Damon for a while.

For the first few minutes you just sat in your car and cried until you felt hopeless and wiped your eyes, putting the key into the ignition and pulling away from the house.

You drove for nearly an hour, just thinking about what you and Damon had said to each other. You wished that it didn't have to be this way, but you knew that anything could happen when you dated a vampire and you felt tired of always feeling on edge.

Yes you did still love Damon and you knew that it would take you a long time to get over him. But you just had to let him go, it was for the best. You just wished there could have been another way.

--------------------------

Hope ya like this :D thanks for 760K!!!!!!
I'm trying to box off all of my pending imagines before tomorrow!! Two requests left before my 100th imagine that I will be publishing tomorrow on Christmas Day!!

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird