25 • Damon

For TheDarkestDeathEater, hope it's okay :)

Imagine being human and Damon's best friend. But after getting caught up in all of the drama that comes with being aware of the supernatural, you want to learn how to kill vampires for your protection. So you ask Damon...

-------------------------------------

"Come on Alicia, how was any of this my fault?" Damon asked as the two of you walked home in the darkness, you felt a little safer with him then you would being alone.

"Because you're the one that let those guys trash my car and nearly kill me." You huffed and watched as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well they didn't, so you should be thanking me instead of being mad." Damon's cockiness shone through even in darkest part of the night.

"Yeah well thank you for upsetting a pack of werewolves so much that they'd trash my car and nearly kill me." You spoke back sarcastically.

"Your welcome." Damon smiled falsely causing you stifle a chuckle.

You thought that that's probably why the two of you get along so well. You both are extremely sarcastic, however you wouldn't say you are as nearly as cocky as Damon.

"Why do I always end up nearly getting killed?" You asked in a joking way, but when you did think about it you realised it was true.

"Because you're a damsel in distress." Damon mocked, this time it was your turn to roll your eyes.

Maybe you did need to up your self defence, you couldn't always rely on Damon forever.

"But why me, they could use anyone but they always try and capture me to get to you." You huffed as the road finally opened up to reveal a recognisable lane that was lined with the houses of your neighbourhood.

"Probably because they know that I uh care about you, you know you're my closest friend." Damon mumbled as the two of you carried on walking down to your house.

"Yeah well I'm sick and tired of it." You reply back in as just as an annoyed tone as he did.

"Hey I always come and save you, don't I?" He asked and looked at you.

"Yeah you do, but that's not the point. The point is that I don't want to always be the damsel, I want to be able to protect myself." You spoke up, not really knowing where you were going with this conversation.

"Okay, so how are you going to protect yourself from supernatural beings that are much stronger than you exactly?" Damon asked, being no help at all.

"I ugh, I don't know yet. I'll sleep on it, anyway thanks for walking me home." You smiled as you stopped outside your house, Damon nodded and returned the smile lightly.

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow then." He spoke before turning to leave, you turned and walked up and the porch towards your house.

Once inside, you breathed out deeply and groaned. You knew exactly how you could improve your self defence, you just knew that Damon probably wouldn't like the idea.

You wanted to be able to handle anything and everything that could happen without his help, but you'd probably need his help to get there.

You huffed out again before stomping up to your room and getting ready for bed, which would probably consist of a sleepless night as you created a plan for how to tell Damon what you wanted.

At some point your eyes did shut and remain closed in a forced and uncomfortable slumber, because the next thing you know is that it's morning.

Sun light is pouring in through your window causing you to stir and stretch out with a groan. You decided to tell Damon today that the only way for you to feel safe is if you know how to attack or even kill if necessary.