57 • Klaus

For AHeadFullofXandY , hope you like it :D

Imagine seeing Klaus for the first time in centuries...but it doesn't go to plan. :O

----------------------------

You walked into the usual bar, ordering the usual drink and thinking about the usual problems in life... Or death for you? You were going through what humans would say as a midlife crisis. However just not in the middle of your life, more like centuries into your life.

You were lonely, it had been a long time since you'd met anyone who was interesting and worth settling down for. So you just wondered from town to town, until you stopped in Mystic Falls. You'd heard all about the town from him, how he chased a girl for half a century and she came to this town.

It was a quite place, however it had a lot of supernatural heritage and that's why you stayed. Although the quietness had recently been replaced by gruesome news stories about a trail of 'animal attacks' happening in the town. You knew that meant there were vampires here, so you felt slightly less alone. Even if they didn't know about your existence.

You sighed before downing the rest of your drink and tipping the guy who'd poured it, his name tag said Matt. Slowly you turned to leave, heading towards the door. You opened it as someone on the other side did too, you huffed as they pushed past you.

"Sorry love." The guy who had just rudely shoved you said as your eyes widened.

It couldn't be, you thought. Well it could, it has been over a century since you'd seen him.

How was he here? Why was he here? And why did he just ignore you like that? The questions buzzed in your brain as you decided to stay a while longer. Sitting on the other end of the bar from him.

Finally you got a look at his face for the first time and your eyes widened. It was him.

His eyes met yours before looking away swiftly, acting like he hadn't seen you. You frowned, after all this time why was he ignoring you. You strained your brain to remember the last time you'd seen him, you didn't think you'd argue. Even if you did, would he really hold a grudge over all of these years.

The last time that you'd seen was 1890, he was going to Europe. He told you that he'd be back in a year or so. So you waited. He'd resided in New Orleans for most of that century, so you found it strange that he wanted to go travelling.

But he never came back.

He never came back for you anyway.

You glared at him from across the bar as he mindlessly flirted with the girl who was sat next to him. After ordering another drink, you decided to move closer.

Every few minutes he'd look up to see you looking and smirk before going back to talking to the girl. You could feel your fists clenching at his arrogance. He left me, you thought. He left and never came back, abandoning me and leaving me alone in the world.

Thoughts began to whirl around your mind as you tried to come up with a reasonable theory as to why he never returned. Maybe he found a girl and stayed. The thought brought a sick feeling to bubble in your stomach.

The two of you had never labelled your relationship, more like an unspoken cluster of feelings between the pair of you. Seeing Klaus flirting in front of you only confirmed that after all these years, you still felt the same for him.

Eventually Klaus finished his drink and stood up to leave, you followed. He stalked out of the bar with you hot on his heels.

As soon as the cool night air hit your skin, the hot anger was only fuelled more.

"And hello to you too Niklaus." You snapped at him, making him stop walking. He turned to look at you, eyes blazing with fury.

"What are you doing here y/n?" He questioned as you scoffed.

"I could ask you the same." You spoke harshly to him as his jaw clenched in annoyance.

"I have...business to attend to." He said, speaking just as harshly back.

"I live here." You replied as he raised an eyebrow.

"Since when?" He asked.

"Since a little over a year ago." You shrugged as he laughed. "What?"

"So you can stay in one place for a year." He spoke sarcastically as you frowned.

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Your mind worked into overdrive, trying to understand him.

"When I went away in 1890, you promised to stay where you were for a year." He said as this time you laughed.

"And that's what I did." Your eyebrows furrowed.

"I was 2 weeks late, I got back and you'd already left." Klaus spoke grimacing as your eyes widened.

"I waited an extra week, but I had to leave." You sighed, frustrated that after all of this time you'd missed him by a week. "People were becoming suspicious of me, I tried to fit in but someone knew what I was. The news spread around town and I had to leave." You looked at the floor as he huffed loudly.

"I'm sorry for being late." He muttered surprising you, you'd never heard him say sorry before. "I was getting a gift for you." He spoke as your eyes widened in surprise.

"I'm sorry for being angry at you, I should have stayed I-"

However Klaus cut you off by speeding towards you and putting a finger to your lips, silencing your sentence. Slowly he wrapped his arms around you and you did the same, embracing you in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." He whispered and rested his chin on top of your head.

'I've missed you too." You sighed and hugged him as tightly as you could, never wanting to let go.

"I need to confess something." He spoke, not breaking his embrace. "I love you." The words were foreign on his tongue, you'd never known him to love anything other than his family. If you had to associate a word with Niklaus it would be hate. It made you feel special that he thought of you differently from everyone and everything else.

"I love you too." You replied and looked up at him to see his reaction, he smiled down at you. Glancing between your eyes and your lips before leaning down and placing his lips on yours. It took you by surprise but felt like this is what you'd waited over a century for. You were finally with him again and this time neither of you were going to hide your feelings.

You kissed back and smiled against his lips, soaking up the moment as your lips moved together lovingly.

"Now come on." Klaus spoke once the two of you broke away. "We have a lot of catching up to do."

------------------------------------------

POW! Double update! Aha I don't want to go back to school next week :'(

So nearly at 450k which is insane, I have special imagine to write for when this book hits that :D

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird